Powered by Outside

1 1/8 headtube and tapered fork

PB Forum :: USA - East
1 1/8 headtube and tapered fork
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 19, 2016 at 17:03 Quote
Just FYI guys I have been trying to fit a tapered fork on my 1 1/8 straight steer tube and I bought the EC 44/40 and it didn't work. It was way too big. So if anyone knows what I need please please help!

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 at 10:43 Quote
What bike do you have?

Pinoy619 wrote:
Just FYI guys I have been trying to fit a tapered fork on my 1 1/8 straight steer tube and I bought the EC 44/40 and it didn't work. It was way too big. So if anyone knows what I need please please help!

Posted: Feb 11, 2017 at 14:49 Quote
I ordered a Fuji Reveal frame that is tapered and have some pike forks and trying to figure out what headset it has, would like to get a reducer or something that I can use for the meantime! Anyone have an idea of what will work, frame is in transit, would like to get all at around same time!

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 3:21 Quote
Pinoy619 wrote:

Sounds like maybe you have a 1" straight steerer...

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 3:28 Quote
billywhiz040480 wrote:
The Pike RCT3 has great reviews hence my eagerness to get one plus I've just bought me a Monarch RC3 plus shock. My mate has both on his Orange Alpine and reckons they work great together.

I realise this is a long time ago now but I have literally just done this conversion for a couple of friends bikes successfully. All you need is a 44/40 lower headset cup, a bunch are made by different companies and they name them slightly differently ex44/40 or ec/44/40 etc, but that's what you need to run a tapered fork on a straight 1/18 steerer. Wiggle sells Nukeproof version for just £15 here in the UK: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/nukeproof-neutron-bottom-headset-cup?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=446546&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=base&gclid=CjwKCAjwuvmHBhAxEiwAWAYj-AABb_rs16LWjrbqNnOPW35HryYxfnnOWrPhQS7ygl0DHLgDiiGZfxoCeu4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024325
Mobile Version of Website