Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

To old to start :/

PB Forum :: Beginners
To old to start :/
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 0:05 Quote
Almost 41. A trip to Whistler with my kids rekindled a long lost love of mountain biking. They're old enough to try some simple trails but I bought a Rocky Mountain Element BC Edition to start going a little further afield. I commute every day by bike, so the legs are there but the skills are rusty. Why would I not take advantage of living in Vancouver and ride?

Quinn

Posted: Dec 19, 2013 at 8:27 Quote
I love this thread...

I'm 43 and just bought my first DH bike. I raced Bmx as a kid but got away from it in my mid teens.

From there, bikes were used for transport and beach cruising until I impulse bought a vintage Bmx bike to replace my last, childhood race bike about 3-4 years ago.

I did the Bmx collector thing for a little while but soon realized it was more fun to ride than to look at bikes...

Enter modern Bmx bikes, dirt jumpers and finally full suspension.

I've had a couple of nasty injuries over the past few years but the overall positive impact that riding has had on my life and my spirit far out weighs the short term pain of broken bones and torn tendons...

To paraphrase Minor Threat, riding will keep me young until I die!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022564
Mobile Version of Website