Powered by Outside

BLK MRKT MOB build...

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
BLK MRKT MOB build...
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 8:36 Quote
dragonzzz wrote:
spoiledgoods wrote:
dragonzzz wrote:
Lose the damn front wheel man, get a 721 on something else.
BTW your hub is 14mm? Did you machine/file the dropouts to 14mm?
Eastern hubs are heavy.
Get a different fork, Gold Label would be the best.
Get a different seat and cut the post.

That'd be everything you could do to make it lighter.

Oh yeah, DON'T ride 24

dont ride 24?
so 26 is lighter?
what is your reasoning here.

Don't ride 24 in a BlkMrkt, it's ridiculous

but why is it ridiculous?
because you can shave 4 square inches of metal off the hoops of your wheels? saving weight?
lowering the bike making it more agile? if im not mistaken Carter was on 24"s at interbike, and he owns black market.

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 8:42 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
dragonzzz wrote:
spoiledgoods wrote:

dont ride 24?
so 26 is lighter?
what is your reasoning here.

Don't ride 24 in a BlkMrkt, it's ridiculous

but why is it ridiculous?
because you can shave 4 square inches of metal off the hoops of your wheels? saving weight?
lowering the bike making it more agile? if im not mistaken Carter was on 24"s at interbike, and he owns black market.

It's ridiculous because it lowers the frame too much, there's a reason Hauck and Sundbaum and formerly Carter were riding on 26, it is what the frame at first was made for, sure you CAN put 24" in it but it's just not right...do you understand?

24" also doesn't neccesarily save weight, if you take a 24" MTX and and a 26" 721 the 721 will still be the lighter one of the 2.

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
but what about a 24" 721? (if possible)
all im saying is if someone would prefer to ride a bike thats lower than the usual bike let them. Its all feel man, why do some people roll there handle bars forward? because its lame, but comfortable for them.

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 9:28 Quote
bigquotes24" also doesn't neccesarily save weight, if you take a 24" MTX and and a 26" 721 the 721 will still be the lighter one of the 2.

your comparing two completley different rims, you might as well say a 26" single track is lighter then a 24" double track, but obviously a 24" single track is lighter then the 26" version

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 9:42 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
but what about a 24" 721? (if possible)
all im saying is if someone would prefer to ride a bike thats lower than the usual bike let them. Its all feel man, why do some people roll there handle bars forward? because its lame, but comfortable for them.

I guess it is all preference, I still think it's a waste of a good frame if you put 24's in it...my opinion though

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
eastcoastcove wrote:
bigquotes24" also doesn't neccesarily save weight, if you take a 24" MTX and and a 26" 721 the 721 will still be the lighter one of the 2.

your comparing two completley different rims, you might as well say a 26" single track is lighter then a 24" double track, but obviously a 24" single track is lighter then the 26" version

the weight saving is about 30 grams a rim or something like that, and 26" feels lighter while riding

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
eastcoastcove wrote:

the weight saving is about 30 grams a rim or something like that, and 26" feels lighter while riding

where did you pull 30 grams from?
its different for all wheels

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
spongebomb wrote:
eastcoastcove wrote:

where did you pull 30 grams from?
its different for all wheels

If you compare a specific rim in 24" and 26" the difference is small indeed.
For example comparing a 24" MTX to a 26" MTX.

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
cool. thanks for the suggestion, for now i may stay with this wheel set and deck out the rest of the bike, i was thinking, Ti spindle and eastern BB, does anyone know the lightest 3 peice crank arms? 19mm 48 spline....???
also i am putting a kmc 710 SL chain on, then premium pedals in red, painting my sprocket red, may paint frame green(metallic forrest) , paint cranks mint green to match fork, have a blk mrkt bar in mint green, want to buy atomlab pimplite stem 38mm in green, maybe a shadow sig. seat and fit stub post....

and on atomlab site pimplites 26" = 630 g and 24" = 546 g...but i just hear alot that since the mob is 26" spec, it rides not soo well with 24" wheels, does anyone have experience with 24's on a mob or other 26" spec. bike......thanks for the suggestions, keep'em coming

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 12:25 Quote
[Quote="bigfoot66"]thanks ,any suggestions?[/Quo

yo man you should defianlty raw it !! i did mine and it looks so good , use "supa stripper" its meant for airplanes and you can get it at home depot, no sanding!! the paint comes off with a cloth haha

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 15:50 Quote
[Quote="free629ride"]
bigfoot66 wrote:
thanks ,any suggestions?[/Quo

yo man you should defianlty raw it !! i did mine and it looks so good , use "supa stripper" its meant for airplanes and you can get it at home depot, no sanding!! the paint comes off with a cloth haha

thanks, man, i was thinking of either d=stripping it or repainting it a nice metallic green, but stripping it would make it i little lighter....

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
im thinkin of buying 24" pimplites for my mob, does anyone know if it would ride well?????????also want to strip paint on frame, any good advice??????????

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
ye man just become a complete weight weiner raw your frame cut your drop outs slam your wheels cut your bars go brake less take out some spokes take the foam out of your seat lol

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
bigfoot66 wrote:
im thinkin of buying 24" pimplites for my mob, does anyone know if it would ride well?????????also want to strip paint on frame, any good advice??????????

you can use paint striper for the frame and 24 pimpilites are nice light strong.... it will look good tho

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017536
Mobile Version of Website