PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
A cheap full suspension bike
Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
sherbet wrote:
P2urban wrote:
sherbet wrote:

He's in the wrong price range for it.

okay, up to 1500, to 1700

Try the buy/sell section, I've seen a few sx trails in there for that. Try to find an enduro.

like I said, what kind of kona, i think I over exgagerated, maybe like 1200

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
P2urban wrote:
sherbet wrote:
P2urban wrote:

okay, up to 1500, to 1700

Try the buy/sell section, I've seen a few sx trails in there for that. Try to find an enduro.

If you really want a kona, and I won't advise getting one, look for a used howler or a coiler. New, get a hardtail.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:11 Quote
now that you said 1500-1700. you can EASILY find a norco atomik, and sometimes an A-line if your lucky. but most of the stinky's (06, and 07) are $1900+ last time i checked. but the older ones (03,04,05) can be found for less.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
sherbet wrote:
P2urban wrote:
sherbet wrote:

If you really want a kona, and I won't advise getting one, look for a used howler or a coiler. New, get a hardtail.

I DO NOT want a hardtail, I dont care what it is.... I would really like a fully.

what is better, a howler, or a coiler, and how much would an older stab be?

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
P2urban wrote:
I DO NOT want a hardtail, I dont care what it is.... I would really like a fully.

what is better, a howler, or a coiler, and how much would an older stab be?

I realize you don't want a hardtail, but you're gunna get on top of this bike that you want so badly, and realize it's crap.

The customer is always right, though. I'd prefer a coiler for all mountain, and howler if I were beating it more. I think the Howler is frame only, though look for a used one. The stab is hardly mulitpurpose.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
^ why do you insist on kona again? just cuz you like their riders?

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
I think you should try and take some appreciation from all the Pink Biker's giving you comments and opinions on bikes. it seems you kind of shove off all the opinions that they gave you. You are refuting against the people that are trying to help you.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
tremblay wrote:
^ why do you insist on kona again? just cuz you like their riders?

no, most people will say they dont like them, but I just really like the designs, and components. If I had more money, of course I would go the route of say... Banshee, or Foes, etc. But I dont, and I happen to like kona

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
noxy wrote:
I think you should try and take some appreciation from all the Pink Biker's giving you comments and opinions on bikes. it seems you kind of shove off all the opinions that they gave you. You are refuting against the people that are trying to help you.

No, not at all, I thank everyone for helping, and once I get the fully I will be greatly apprecialtive.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
^^^ no, like why not go for a used SX trail, best all around bike and it will have way better components than the stinky for a few hundred $$$ more.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
Ok. Well then i apologize for my argument, since you insist that you are appreciating the help from other people.

Good luck.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
tremblay wrote:
^^^ no, like why not go for a used SX trail, best all around bike and it will have way better components than the stinky for a few hundred $$$ more.
okay, thanks for the opinion I just would like to find the cheapest good fully, and an SX is in the running

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
noxy wrote:
Ok. Well then i apologize for my argument, since you insist that you are appreciating the help from other people.

Good luck.
thanks, I am not out to argue, or disaprove of peoples ideas. After all, John Cowan once said, once the wheels are turning, it dosent matter your skill level, the sport is about 2 things. 1.) the adrenaline, 2.) the fun

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
is this everything?

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
just look in the buy and sell and find the cheapest best one you like.

There are tons of bikes in there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.075127
Mobile Version of Website