Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Short travel fork on a full out trials bike?

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Short travel fork on a full out trials bike?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
rhysmtb wrote:
sqrleprle wrote:
I actualy spoke to Ryan Leach once at a show and asked him why he uses a short travel shock. He said that the weight difference isn't that great to make a big enough deal. He also said that the litle bit of suspension that he has on his, has saved him many times when you need that little bit of room when you mess up. Once again, it all comes donw to personal preferance.

i smell the shit of a bull

why do you say that sounds like somthing ryan would say his blog on norco.com says marzocchi cosstom makes his forks for trials

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
ridenow wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.guava-jelly.jp/news_img/2006/guava1154671154.jpg

not a full out trials bike....

and its not a 66 its a custom version of an XC for made for ryan

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
street55dirt wrote:
ridenow wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.guava-jelly.jp/news_img/2006/guava1154671154.jpg

I think you are right because i think you can see a "RL" on the inside of the left leg of the fork. the RL could stand for Ryan Leech

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 13:05 Quote
jordandoner wrote:
street55dirt wrote:
ridenow wrote:

I think you are right because i think you can see a "RL" on the inside of the left leg of the fork. the RL could stand for Ryan Leech

it does stand for ryan leech

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
street55dirt wrote:
jordandoner wrote:
street55dirt wrote:

its a cool bike, I wouldn't mind giving it a try

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
jordandoner wrote:
street55dirt wrote:
jordandoner wrote:

do they sell that fork as an afftermarket better yet norco should sell that whole bike

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
live2ryde wrote:
jordandoner wrote:
street55dirt wrote:

do they sell that fork as an afftermarket better yet norco should sell that whole bike

Yeah i deffinitly agree... i would for sure buy one

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
Loving the V-Brake noodle on the derailleur and the XC front end.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 8:08 Quote
Ryan Leech has his forks custom made. I've heard one reason he has them is because he can make money from them by being sponsored by the fork make. Rigid is not bad at all i ride rigid and i'm crap my wrists are fine. The energy thing someone mentioned is that, when you land on your back wheel the energy is passed from the back wheel all the way up the frame and then when you land your front wheel it is then passed back into the ground taking the stress out of your frame. That hopefully made some sense.
gus

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
just run rigid, i ride street with a rigid fork, without having any problems

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 8:20 Quote
btw, i saw an article somewhere on the internet where ryan leech tells how you can costumize your Marzocchi MX fork to be exaclty the same as his.

but that was a long time ago, i have no idea on what site i read it

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 14:52 Quote
biketrials.ca may still have that article about shortening a marzocchi fork for trials use.

anyways, a rigid fork will feel really bad if you are used to suspension, but when you get used to it, you will see that a rigid one is better. just stick to it and give it a few weeks or even a bit longer. it will be worth it. one additional issue is that a suspension fork will develop play quite quickly in trials use, especially if you do moves that put a lot of force in the forks, like taps, front wheel hops, etc.

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
About wrists on rigid and suspension...

Having a suspension in front will make you ride not caring about the front end. Since you have somewhat of a safety net, you would tend to lessen the control in front end like after you drop to the rear tire your front might follow crashing with more force than you would if you were on rigid or even not bring down your front if you were on rigid.

If you ride rigid, you would think more about the front and putting less force there or the using correct forces so it will actually be forgiving to the wrists. I rode both, started with a short travel suspension to a rigid and I'm not getting back to suspension fork.

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 15:22 Quote
-philster- wrote:
I was just wondering why you dont see forks on trails bikes... I have a WoodMan frame, and im trying to decide to sell the frame, or build it up. Im not sure if I will put rigid, or a short travel suspention.

Can anyone tell me if its alright to run suspention?

i ride trials with a rigid, and after awhile of riding, its not bad on your wrists because you learn to use your body as suspension and when you learn to control your body you can cushin yourself better then a little 50-80 mm suspension fork could do

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 1:15 Quote
seaplusplus wrote:

i ride trials with a rigid, and after awhile of riding, its not bad on your wrists because you learn to use your body as suspension and when you learn to control your body you can cushin yourself better then a little 50-80 mm suspension fork could do

How true.

Forgot to mention that you use less air on the front tire too so you have a bit of suspension.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018443
Mobile Version of Website