Powered by Outside

Help with Price point

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Help with Price point
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
jondurham wrote:
Duties arnt that bad.. They charge GST and PST and then a small brokerage fee. I only payed 38 bucks on 275worth of stuff

Are you sure thats right? I once paid $78 on a $300 order... It all depends on who they ship it with tho. If they ship it with UPS, your screwed. There brokerage fees are through the roof (about $50 for a package worth that much).

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
jenson covers the duty/brokerage fees in their $26 shipping fee...the time i ordered from pricepoint they didn;t and i got a nice bill in the mail...wasn't much but still

Jenson covers brokerage fees, not duties. They are two different things. Brokerage fees are a charge from the post office while duties are at customs. Me and my friend both looked into this ALOT before we found a place in the states to ship to.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
pipes10 wrote:
jenson covers the duty/brokerage fees in their $26 shipping fee...the time i ordered from pricepoint they didn;t and i got a nice bill in the mail...wasn't much but still

Jenson covers brokerage fees, not duties. They are two different things. Brokerage fees are a charge from the post office while duties are at customs. Me and my friend both looked into this ALOT before we found a place in the states to ship to.

u didn't look hard enough....i just went through the checkout process (just now with a phony order) and here what it says"

"You will not be responsible for brokerage, duties, or taxes upon delivery"

plus i have a total of about 7 orders from jensonusa and i have never been charged any duty or brokerage fee

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
chasefreeride37 wrote:
pipes10 wrote:

u didn't look hard enough....i just went through the checkout process (just now with a phony order) and here what it says"

"You will not be responsible for brokerage, duties, or taxes upon delivery"

plus i have a total of about 7 orders from jensonusa and i have never been charged any duty or brokerage fee

Wow I never knew jenson covered all of them. So you've had to pay nothing when the package arrives at your door?

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:50 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
Straight off of pricepoints website under "Payment Methods"
http://www.pricepoint.com/helpDesk/Payment.htm

Money Order
Please make all payments to: Price Point Mail Order Ltd. We only accept payments in U.S. dollars.

Does that me you can send cash in?

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
brodiebrat92 wrote:
chasefreeride37 wrote:

Money Order
Please make all payments to: Price Point Mail Order Ltd. We only accept payments in U.S. dollars.

no, but you can go pay for a money order with cash and sent that to them

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:52 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
brodiebrat92 wrote:
chasefreeride37 wrote:

Money Order

Explain lol

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
they sent with DHL... i can show you a copy of the statment if you wish

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
Wow I never knew jenson covered all of them. So you've had to pay nothing when the package arrives at your door?

never had to pay anything at the door with jenson...i did with beyondbikes, pricepoint, blueskycycling, and nashbar though

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
jeebus christmas.

you go to a place that sells money orders (post office?) give them money, then you send the little piece of paper they give you to the place that youre buying something from

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
brodiebrat92 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
brodiebrat92 wrote:

Explain lol

you go to a place that does money order's like a post office or variety store. You pay them however much your order is and they make a cheque to the person your paying and then it gets mailed to them.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
jeebus christmas.

you go to a place that sells money orders (post office?) give them money, then you send the little piece of paper they give you to the place that youre buying something from
ok i understand

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
hotdogprooo wrote:
sorry guys but i buy a LOT of stuff of price point before and never any troubles. You CANNOT order off price point with out credit card. also even if they did expect paypal which they don't you still need a credit card to use pay pal.

no true you can transfer money from your bank acout which takes around a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tup

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
jondurham wrote:

Yea I got charged on brokerage fees by UPS then which were close to $40 or $50 something

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
jondurham wrote:

Yea I got charged on brokerage fees by UPS then which were close to $40 or $50 something

wow it suck

but dont they give you the shiping costs before you pay?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012042
Mobile Version of Website