Crashes and Bails - HELP! Are there any techniques to lessen the severity of a crash?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Crashes and Bails - HELP! Are there any techniques to lessen the severity of a crash?
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 11:39 Quote
Well. I'll post since I haven't for a while. I had a crash a couple weeks ago (on skis mind you) that at the moment didn't seem bad at all. Hit a box and fell off, no biggie. Landed on my shoulder. And it has been a f*cker since. The doctor told me it was a sprained rotator cuff. So pretty bummed on that. So moral of the story is don't land on your shoulder straight on.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 20:32 Quote
looeythedog wrote:
I had a crash a couple weeks ago (on skis mind you) that at the moment didn't seem bad at all. Hit a box and fell off, no biggie. Landed on my shoulder. And it has been a f*cker since. The doctor told me it was a sprained rotator cuff.

Hey Looeythedog
Make sure you move that shoulder, a bit of physio or massage would be a very good thing to keep it working for you. For healing to occur you will need to keep the area a little bit inflamed and pissed off just to keep the healing process going. Good luck with that.

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 at 13:01 Quote
looeythedog wrote:
Well. I'll post since I haven't for a while. I had a crash a couple weeks ago (on skis mind you) that at the moment didn't seem bad at all. Hit a box and fell off, no biggie. Landed on my shoulder. And it has been a f*cker since. The doctor told me it was a sprained rotator cuff. So pretty bummed on that. So moral of the story is don't land on your shoulder straight on.

Bummer! hope it heals quickly and a trip to physio is a great idea.

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 at 14:29 Quote
Not fully healed but XC skiing on it because the next meet is home state for me and qualifies me for nationals.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 23:33 Quote
Don't tense up, allow your self to sort of rag doll out of it. In my moto experience everyone always said go limp lol

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024806
Mobile Version of Website