Powered by Outside

Gravity Pirate Park @ Mt. Waterman

PB Forum :: USA - West
Gravity Pirate Park @ Mt. Waterman
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:18 Quote
Mentally exhausted Capn here.Pirate :Cool : Such a fantastic weekend! The work with the excavator in our quiver was exponentially more effective of course. I'm sure this will lead to more machine work now finally. So many guys step up to make this happen, it's hard to even list. Chuk2rs has been much more than my right hand for months now...becoming a staple lead in this project. Dozens of Gravity Pirate guys either show up and volunteer dig, or chip into the fund so we have food/drinks/supplies. I'm making a list so they can at least be recognized for their efforts. But none of them do it for recognition. We do this because we want to make a DH park for SoCal to enjoy. It feels right, and we're proud to get it done!

It was a blast putting on the first lift assisted DH race in SoCal in over a decade!! We kept this one group only to see how the logistics would work. I'd have to say it went smooth as butter. As usual, everyone was always looking for any way to pitch in a hand. That's why stuff like this works! Blood was spilt, and fun was had. I'm sure we'll see lots of pics and videos popping up from this weekend. I was able to get the lift thing up and running for Sunday. GP members did all their own loading and unloading. The "pads" we installed to carry the bikes worked great thankfully. We learned from past GP events on the hill. Onward and downward!!

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:32 Quote
The track looks good. I think even my slow unskilled ass would have fun going down.

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 11:43 Quote
http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wdsine/slideshow/Bonyard%20Bash
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wdsine/slideshow/Bonyard%20Bash

Posted: May 1, 2014 at 8:55 Quote
Big push to get the park open. All hands on deck this weekend. http://gravitypirates.dust.tv/t9105-gp-park-dig-ride-5-3-14#108106

Posted: May 1, 2014 at 9:18 Quote
I'll be there with my brother ready to shape and pack some burmes.

Posted: May 5, 2014 at 20:04 Quote
2014/05/05

It looks as though we finally have full commitment from the owners with this excavator. Yesterday was just backhoe Johnny and I. I moved him up where we left off during Boneyard Bash, and we worked our way down. Man...it is UNBELIEVABLY satisfying to watch a ball of roots get ripped out of the ground, after they have been in our way for months. I reworked and altered nearly every part of the trail from there down. Cause obviously design is a little different when machine cut. It really is a partnership between the driver and the builder. And thankfully he's an intelligent dude with driving skills, and rides dh. We get along and communicate really well.

We made it down to the ski run crossing before end of day. I added a couple jumps. Nothing huge...more the 20 - 25 ft variety. All with appropriate safety decks. And the last berm before you cross the ski run was the biggest part of our day. I want that thing huge. We blew out that 30' radius berm, and lined in a 60' radius armored with rocks the size of small cars.lol.

So what we leave in our wake is a rough cut trail to finish. Emphasis on "finish." Cause when you do finish a section, THAT will be the park! How exciting is that?!? All you should need are rakes and tampers to mold this rough work into a trail we can all love. None of the back breaking hand benching. Any of you can come up at any time and dive into that!

I'm going to go up and stay for this Thurs and Fri to put in some 12 hr days with the excavator. We ARE able to to get the machine into the WHOLE trail. So all those hard to bench areas will be properly benched, and waiting for you to simply groom. Come on guys...This is the fun part, finish shaping! Take a day and come up with a friend or two. Don't wait for me to put on some formal dig day thing...just come on up and finish your park at your leisure. And bring that bike...cause it's getting FUN NOW!.
Capn'

Copied from herehttp://gravitypirates.dust.tv/t9119-dig-report-latest-from-mw#108252
I'll be going up Thursday and Friday also

Posted: May 6, 2014 at 23:00 Quote
Good Job such a reality from days of old.. Been caught up with this newborn baby and wanting to ride dig/tamp/ envision, mad props on the progress. Once I get a stable schedule with wife and baby care my footprint shall return..

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 22:39 Quote
Progress made. Excavator on site. Every section of trail has been reworked, to more of a "bike park" feel
Progress May 8 and 9 Rollers
photo
photo
Progress May 8 and 9
Progress May 8 and 9 It s steep
Progress May 8 and 9
Progress May 8 and 9
Progress May 8 and 9
Progress May 8 and 9 Huge Berms

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 9:13 Quote
yeaaaa boys. keep building!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036263
Mobile Version of Website