Powered by Outside

anything to see here

PB Forum :: Downhill
anything to see here
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 17:02 Quote
Yeah my stanchion ended up showing the same wear after just under 2 months and the shop just received the new stanchion covered by warranty. Did sram tell anyone else how the anodized coating was laid on too thin on some stanchions which is causing this wear?? Bc most people who work at other shops I tell that too say it's prob bullshit so I'm curious if anyone else was told that or heard that.

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 21:11 Quote
Based on my experience with 2 different 2015 boxxers, there is barely any oil in them brand new. Apparently that is still an issue and wouldn't be surprised if this is part of the problem here.

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 12:15 Quote
nevi414 wrote:
Yeah my stanchion ended up showing the same wear after just under 2 months and the shop just received the new stanchion covered by warranty. Did sram tell anyone else how the anodized coating was laid on too thin on some stanchions which is causing this wear?? Bc most people who work at other shops I tell that too say it's prob bullshit so I'm curious if anyone else was told that or heard that.
anodized stuff can be given a thick or thin coating depending on the application of the part.
It is fully possible that a batch or two were dipped in the wrong solution in the factory. The thickness depends on the acids used and voltages etc...
It's not bullshit, anyone who has ever anodized parts will back that up.

This is from wiki....:
"Conditions such as electrolyte concentration, acidity, solution temperature, and current must be controlled to allow the formation of a consistent oxide layer. Harder, thicker films tend to be produced by more dilute solutions at lower temperatures with higher voltages and currents. The film thickness can range from under 0.5 micrometers for bright decorative work up to 150 micrometers for architectural applications."

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 13:48 Quote
Thanks for that! Its hard knowing who to listen to when you get different opinions and answers. Appreciate the insight bud.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014521
Mobile Version of Website