PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
marzocchi shiver help!
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
markbatt wrote:
mini-logo-888 wrote:
hey buddy with wal mart bike

i would know it is because his bottom crown is too low

to fix this he needs to try a new stem headset or steertube

What the heck are you talking about? To the original poster, you need a headset with a low stack height. The FSA the Pig headset has a realatively high stack height. Ignore everyone who says you need a new steer tube. The steer tube length has nothing to do with the distance between the crowns, which is the issue that you are facing right now. A low stack height headset should clear everything up.

~Mark

it MAY

IT MAY not.....turners MAY not have small headtubes

markbatt wrote:
mini-logo-888 wrote:

What the heck are you talking about? To the original poster, you need a headset with a low stack height. The FSA the Pig headset has a realatively high stack height. Ignore everyone who says you need a new steer tube. The steer tube length has nothing to do with the distance between the crowns, which is the issue that you are facing right now. A low stack height headset should clear everything up.

~Mark

See! lol. were the only ones who know what is wrong. you need a lower stack height headset

laurie1 wrote:
RiZZleRaZZ wrote:
so i was pretty much right in thinking i need a different headset? if so..any recommendations?
A new headset won't gain a lot of extra steertube room. You are looking at getting a few millimeters that won't help a whole lot. Get a shop to look at it and see if an integrated stem will help.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
lauries right

a few mm is going to do NOTHINg major

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
mini-logo-888 wrote:
markbatt wrote:
mini-logo-888 wrote:

~Mark

it MAY

IT MAY not.....turners MAY not have small headtubes

what are you talking about? That makes no sense lol.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
RiZZleRaZZ wrote:
so i was pretty much right in thinking i need a different headset? if so..any recommendations?
A new headset won't gain a lot of extra steertube room. You are looking at getting a few millimeters that won't help a whole lot. Get a shop to look at it and see if an integrated stem will help.

Not to be rude, but I am not understanding how an integrated headset would help his problem. Care to elaborate?

~Mark

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
markbatt wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
RiZZleRaZZ wrote:

Not to be rude, but I am not understanding how an integrated headset would help his problem. Care to elaborate?

~Mark

integrated STEM

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
awesome. thats what i figured. and they are right dude, the steerer tube isnt the problem. i wasnt going to say anything about it, cause i didnt want to be mean, but it common sense. having that longer no way affects the placement of the crowns, especially the bottom one.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
mini-logo-888 wrote:
markbatt wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

~Mark

integrated STEM

woops, meant to say integrated stem.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
RiZZleRaZZ wrote:
awesome. thats what i figured. and they are right dude, the steerer tube isnt the problem. i wasnt going to say anything about it, cause i didnt want to be mean, but it common sense. having that longer no way affects the placement of the crowns, especially the bottom one.

yah man id say you have a larger head tube than normal

cuz thats weird

try a low stack heaset with a low stack race to fix your problems

EDIT: i know the steerer wont help now

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
Everyone read the first post (the problem) before you post. And Laurie an integrated stem will not do anything for the distance between the bottom and the top crown. Only a headset will. He needs more space to be able to slide the fork in the crowns so it is higher.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
jefo wrote:
Everyone read the first post (the problem) before you post. And Laurie an integrated stem will not do anything for the distance between the bottom and the top crown. Only a headset will. He needs more space to be able to slide the fork in the crowns so it is higher.

Agreed

LOW STACK race and headset

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
mini-logo-888 wrote:
RiZZleRaZZ wrote:

yah man id say you have a larger head tube than normal

cuz thats weird

try a low stack heaset with a low stack race to fix your problems

EDIT: i know the steerer wont help now

Yeah, coming to the light side. tup

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
cool thanks peeps!

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
your steer tube wont have anyu thing to do with this.
its how much distance is inbetween the two crowns which is affected by spacer under the crown and stack height. buy a new low profile headset or a dropp crown if you can find one

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.254185
Mobile Version of Website