Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 6:07 Quote
Anyone know if the raceface cranks on the shimano xt builds are the cinch one(ie the exact same as the ones on the sram builds)?

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 7:25 Quote
YT Jeffsy amp YT Capra

Capra and Jeffsy together make the Capra look like a BMX,

The saddle has to be changed but the one that came with the Jeffsy was like a razor covered in plastic,

first ride was on a flat (ish) trail, I was doubtful I would get on with a 29er but having been the same about 27.5 I thought I would give it a go as the trails I ride every other day are too tame to do the Capra justice,

firstly, nothing in my opinion corners like a 26" wheeled bike, but the Jeffsy is a rocket, unbelievably quick and with the lockout on both the fork and shock it climbs like a hardtail,

I took it through a rock garden and a section of rocky trail and the wheels and suspension dealt with it well,

I will give it a proper test at the weekend but so far it is more of a trail bike than the Capra although I still love the way the Capra rides.

Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 6:21 Quote
Hey guys can anybody please confirm that the wheelbase of the large size is indeed 1178mm? cause ive seen some early previews were it was stated as 1184mm.

Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 8:47 Quote
They just knocked 300 euros off the al comp1 and al comp2!

Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 9:41 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
rampage-80 wrote:
Guess who arrived today.... Happy days! Big Grin

Guess who turned up today....

How you finding it?

Only managed a couple of rides on my local trails so far but maaan this thing rips! Def swapping the saddle out and prob a few other minor tweaks but all in all very happy... How about yourself?

Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 11:38 Quote
rampage-80 wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
rampage-80 wrote:
Guess who arrived today.... Happy days! Big Grin

Guess who turned up today....

How you finding it?

Only managed a couple of rides on my local trails so far but maaan this thing rips! Def swapping the saddle out and prob a few other minor tweaks but all in all very happy... How about yourself?

Yea absolutely loving it. Done about 10,000ft of climbing and descending now.

I stuck my 150mm Pikes (51mm offset) on it last night and took it for a rip today. Makes a big difference on steep off piste/local DH runs (slightly slacker) and flat out high speed descents (slightly longer wheelbase)

Still jumps and carves well. Very slightly less poppy but still no problem getting air of every bump in the ground.

All in all I think I'm gonna keep the 150s on.

The fox 34 have a 6mm shorter axle to crown so those with the jeffsy comps and 140mm pikes will have slightly slacker bikes over the pros anyway.

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 0:59 Quote
How do the pike compare to the fox, performance wise

Richt2000 wrote:
rampage-80 wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:

How you finding it?

I stuck my 150mm Pikes (51mm offset) on it last night and took it for a rip today. Makes a big difference on steep off piste/local DH runs (slightly slacker) and flat out high speed descents (slightly longer wheelbase)

Still jumps and carves well. Very slightly less poppy but still no problem getting air of every bump in the ground.

The fox 34 have a 6mm shorter axle to crown so those with the jeffsy comps and 140mm pikes will have slightly slacker bikes over the pros anyway.

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 4:37 Quote
alanme wrote:
How do the pike compare to the fox, performance wise

Richt2000 wrote:
rampage-80 wrote:

Personal preference.
34s and Pikes are very similar in performance.

Id say there is as much difference between Fox RC2 and Fit4 as there is in Fox Vs Rockshox...

Fox 34 are noticably lighter
Pikes are better at smoothing out small bumps

You cant get 150mm fox 34 29s

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 4:48 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
And the cheapest model is now 2000 euros flat, which is fantastic value for money.I'm really considering this bike for my next upgrade, but I'm still holding back until more people get them.I'm wondering if the medium would be too short for me, as I'm 1.81m in height (5 ft 11"), their site says I'm on the low-end of the Large spectrum...

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 5:36 Quote
berryz wrote:
RockNRolla92 wrote:
And the cheapest model is now 2000 euros flat, which is fantastic value for money.I'm really considering this bike for my next upgrade, but I'm still holding back until more people get them.I'm wondering if the medium would be too short for me, as I'm 1.81m in height (5 ft 11"), their site says I'm on the low-end of the Large spectrum...

Get the Large and drop the seatpost.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 7:52 Quote
Yes, get the large I have the medium and I am 5' 8".

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 8:09 Quote
Thinking of ordering one , what's the best way of paying if I'm in the uk .?

Done a little search and people are saying use a company like hifx .? Is it a simple process .?

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 8:58 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
berryz wrote:
RockNRolla92 wrote:

Get the Large and drop the seatpost.

Yep, agree. Im only 2.5" taller. Seatpost is about 2" out of the seat tube and Im all legs...

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 9:38 Quote
photo

Look what came today Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026345
Mobile Version of Website