PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 5:27 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
Seismic hubs

photo

I feel sick.....

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 6:05 Quote
Gatorbrake makes the sickest brakes on the market bringing MX/moto technology to the bicycle world like Magura.Serious brakes for the ones that wanted to go realy Extreme.Very Very powerfull braking system.

8 piston brake(Extreme)
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bikemagic.com/news/images/ib07_gatorbrake_hi.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.gatorbrake.eu/xtcommerce/images/product_images/info_images/13_0.jpg
And if 8 pistons isn't extreme and powerfull enough well they have releast the most extreme and ultimate braking system.

16 pistons(high tech)
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.gatorbrake.eu/xtcommerce/images/product_images/info_images/14_0.jpg
discription(German)

HI-Tec
16 Kolbenhydraulikbremssystem CNC gefräßt Komplettset für Vorderrad mit Narbe und Steckachse

Lieferumfang: 1 Bremsarmaturen, 1 Stahlflexleitungen, 2 Bremssattel mit Belägen, 2 Bremsscheiben, 2 Montagekit´s zur Montage von Bremssattel, Bremsscheibe, Bremsarmatur und Stahlflexleitung, 1 Narbe für beidseitige Bremsscheibenaufnahme, 20mm Steckachse

Technische Daten:
Bremsamatur: aus 7075T6 Flugzeugaluminium CNC gefräste Bremsarmatur mit Füllmengensichtfenster, einstellbarem 2-finger Hebel für alle Vorlieben des Fahrers
Leitung: Kunststoffummantelte Stahlflex - Kevla - PTFE - Leitung
Bremssattel: aus 7075T6 Flugzeugaluminium CNC gefräste Bremssattel, 8 Kolben mit 2 unterschiedlichen Querschnitten für beste Bremsperformance
Bremsscheibe: Titanbeschichtete in Leichtbauweise gefertigte Downhill-Bremsscheibe, Vorne 203 Durchmesser in einem überragenden Finisch.
Bremshebel: Vorne linke Seite
Das Gewicht:
Beläge: Allwetter Composite

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 6:09 Quote
trekrules wrote:
Gatorbrake makes the sickest brakes on the market bringing MX/moto technology to the bicycle world like Magura.Serious brakes for the ones that wanted go realy Extreme.Very Very powerfull

And if 8 pistons isn't extreme and powerfull enough well they have releast the most extreme and ultimate braking system.

16 pistons(high tech)
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.gatorbrake.eu/xtcommerce/images/product_images/info_images/14_0.jpg
you gota be sh1ting me.
that is so insane.
looking at that second system had me saying a string of words i am very glad that my mother wasn't glad to hear, in fact that anyone wasn't around to hear!
woulda make a pirate blush because that shit is insane!!!!!

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 6:20 Quote
trekrules wrote:
Gatorbrake makes the sickest brakes on the market bringing MX/moto technology to the bicycle world like Magura.Serious brakes for the ones that wanted to go realy Extreme.Very Very powerfull braking system.

8 piston brake(Extreme)

ok they are extreme!

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 7:34 Quote
DAMMIT

I've ridden the Gatorbrake and they DO NOT have that much power. Hell my saints have more power. Those brakes pretty much sucked in every way.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 7:44 Quote
There is no situation where you would need that tank of a brake on the front of your bike. . . Quite possible the dumbest thing for a bike, I believe some one already mentioned that you dont need to re-invent the wheel.tup

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 7:45 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
DAMMIT

I've ridden the Gatorbrake and they DO NOT have that much power. Hell my saints have more power. Those brakes pretty much sucked in every way.

The 4 pistons are better than the 8.... weird.....

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 8:05 Quote
[Quote="theoutpost"]
DavidMakalaster wrote:
DAMMIT

Gatorbrakes are good for disabled people who run two calipers from one master cylinder. So in that respect they are alrighy, if not expensive.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 8:06 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
DAMMIT

The 4 pistons are better than the 8.... weird.....

The four pistons aren't that great either. More pistons do not equate to more power. There may be greater surface area on the pads but you actually get more clamping force with smaller piston displacements. Think about it. It's pretty simple physics.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
DAMMIT

Then you haven't checked the brake test with all brakes on the market in the german magazine BIKE every year.They test all brakes on a DYNO and get's it up to far higher speeds then you will ever ride.The disc's are getting realy realy hot so they see what brakes have less/most fading,best stopping power and best modulation.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 8:29 Quote
trekrules wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
DAMMIT

Then you haven't checked the brake test with all brakes on the market in the german magazine BIKE every year.They test all brakes on a DYNO and get's it up to far higher speeds then you will ever ride.The disc's are getting realy realy hot so they see what brakes have less/most fading,best stopping power and best modulation.

Anything can do well in clean, controlled, perfect environments. Say what you want but I'm just telling you my real-world experience.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 8:42 Quote
The ones I tried at Fort Bill (1x8's and 3x4's) wouldn't have lasted a second on a dyno, the grit and crap would have f*cked them over.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 8:46 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
trekrules wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
DAMMIT

Anything can do well in clean, controlled, perfect environments. Say what you want but I'm just telling you my real-world experience.

that test shows which brake has actually got the most power.

It doesn't matter about the conditions if your arguing how much power a brake has. You rig it up on the dyno, measure how many minus horsepower its got and wham - theres your result - with no questions asked.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 8:52 Quote
trekrules wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
DAMMIT

do yhey take video of that and if so, wut is the link??

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 9:47 Quote
BIGC93 wrote:
trekrules wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
DAMMIT

do yhey take video of that and if so, wut is the link??

Here's the link and download the PDF file for free.There are more Brake test's from other years but those are in other PDF files for some you actually must pay.This test is from 2006.The 2008 edition is found on the February issue of Bike magazine.DE.

Diese Scheibenbremsen finden Sie im PDF-Download:

Avid Juicy Carbon, Formula Oro K18 und Oro Puro, Gatorbrake 8, Hayes HFX 9, Hope Mono 6 TI, Magura Marta SL und Gustav M, Quad QHD-1, Shimano Deore und XTR, The Cleg DH

http://www.bike-magazin.de/bko/bike_artikel/show.php3?id=2611&nodeid=123

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035789
Mobile Version of Website