Powered by Outside

Pedaling: Reign versus Nomad?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pedaling: Reign versus Nomad?
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 2:36 Quote
Reign climbs just fine mate. Get the bike you want more or the one with better spec for the price.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
I went with a 2019 Reign SX 2 while it was on sale. I just need to change the drivetrain and add a dropper post. I think it pedals fine with the stock DH cassette, so it should definitely be more than fine with a much wider range of gears.

Downhill it’s a beast. It’s super fast and super maneuverable. Some reviews said it was cumbersome and didn’t play well, however I dont agree with that at all. Mines 160/180mm.
Maybe it doesnt manual as easy at slower speeds as a bike with shorter chainstays, and it’s not the most progressive bike out there, but the frame feels low and very maneuverable like a bmx bike. I like it. I want to try the XL frame too.

I’m still going to demo a Nomad this summer, and compare these two bikes head to head.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 21:23 Quote
hell yeah you made the right choice maestro is the best suspension platform. How are you getting on with it to this day?

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 21:26 Quote
Hey I just remembered you broke your neck, I hope you are recovering well. Smile

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
JimmyWeir wrote:
Hey I just remembered you broke your neck, I hope you are recovering well. Smile

Thanks man! C7 fracture in two places, 10 months ago. No surgery, but a hard collar brace for 4 months. The doctors gave me the green light to get back into everything a few months ago. Things around my neck still hurt, but I'll take it, I'm glad it's not much worse.

I'm about to buy another bike. My confidence to hit big jumps is shot though, so no more bike park for me for a while.

I'm debating the

Ripmo AF
Meta TR 29
Sentinel (again)
Hightower
Tallboy

among others. I want something along the lines of an all mountain and trail bike currently, less enduro and freeride, if that makes sense.

I had a Reign Sx last year. It was a fun smasher and jumper, but not great uphill and it had a flexy frame and linkage that bugged me in some terrain. I want a stiffer, higher quality aluminum frame like SC, Commencal, and Transition make.

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
I've heard great things about the tallboy, a lot of my friends have them and two of my coworkers at the bike shop have them and ride them more than any of their other bikes.
My girlfriend has a ripmo af I like how it has a lot of standover height...
Glad to hear you are recovering!

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
I do live in Santa Cruz though where SC and Ibis are based ha...

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.894017
Mobile Version of Website