Powered by Outside

Blue Mountain trails and jumps coming back?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Blue Mountain trails and jumps coming back?
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
dang $170 bucks just for a day at blue

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
yeah, the bike is the most epensive part. see if any of your friends will lend you their bike if they have a downhill bike. but you should be fine on your p.3, as long as you take it slow and don't try to go full out.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
ok cool lol i wanted to try out a v10 thought it might be a good time to do so but for that kinda money plus gas i could buy more stuff for my bike lol

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
They dont rent v10's. The rent a-lines shores and sixes.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
yeah it would be awesome if they rented V10's. i don't think i would be looking for a new bike if they did. but they only rent overused Norco's freeride and downhill lineup (shores, six's, etc.)

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
oh on a side note though. check the surrounding shops. most will have a few rental bikes. last season i used to go on my friends old norco just to try it out, but it broke during august so i had to rent. theirs a shop in collingwood, can't remember which (theirs like a thousand) that rented me a stinky for the day.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
cool but yea im saving for argyles and im out of the job right now so i think renting is out of the question

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
odin333 wrote:
oh on a side note though. check the surrounding shops. most will have a few rental bikes. last season i used to go on my friends old norco just to try it out, but it broke during august so i had to rent. theirs a shop in collingwood, can't remember which (theirs like a thousand) that rented me a stinky for the day.

That would probibly be Kamakaze(sp?) cycles. Great shop. Awesome employees too.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
hmmm, i think it might have been, that name sounds familiar, what does the shop look like?

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
odin333 wrote:
hmmm, i think it might have been, that name sounds familiar, what does the shop look like?

Its attached to a clothing store as well. It has a cash register area on the left about 1/3 of the way in, and the repair area is at the back right.

hope that helped some.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
ha yeah i think it was their. but have you ever went into that fancy place a bit down the street, its like a semicircle with like white trimming and everything, their bikes are like 3x more expensive then they should be lol . i was riding XC up their and they charged me like $20 for an inertube and it was like another $30 for installation, but i just did it outside.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:35 Quote
In the summer a kid fell on the highway drop and broke his back or somethin so they sued blue. Starting this year blue has to make you take a riding test before doing the trails. basicly all the regulaer stuff ( balance, cornering, braking, and riding safe ) hope that helps

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:37 Quote
odin333 wrote:
ha yeah i think it was their. but have you ever went into that fancy place a bit down the street, its like a semicircle with like white trimming and everything, their bikes are like 3x more expensive then they should be lol . i was riding XC up their and they charged me like $20 for an inertube and it was like another $30 for installation, but i just did it outside.

Ya, I think your talking about skis and bikes. Ive been there once, and I wasnt impressed. If I need something for my bike while im there, I will just go to Kamakaze or Little Ed's. Both amazing shops with employees that are known for being respectful and honest.

~Mark

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:39 Quote
ya i heard that at the top of the run there are gonna be the hardest obsticles at the top and there is gonna be an instructer beside each one and he will let u pass if u make the drop or whatever and let u go on the trail.

LuKe

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.722755
Mobile Version of Website