Powered by Outside

Halo SAS wheels-question!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Halo SAS wheels-question!
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
Hey I have halo SAS rims and the rim part is fine, but for some reason the hub got busted or something, I couldn't engage it, so the bike shop is charging me $80 to fix it with a new hub or whatever.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
photo

I have landed really hard on these, one time popped the back tube on the corner of a ledge hopping on it and I weigh 200+, still rolls smoovveeee. They don't feel heavy to me. I'll take strength over lightness any day.

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
c0tt0nm0uth wrote:
photo

I have landed really hard on these, one time popped the back tube on the corner of a ledge hopping on it and I weigh 200+, still rolls smoovveeee. They don't feel heavy to me. I'll take strength over lightness any day.

I've done the same thing on mine twice and I'm 215 LBS as well and mine are still as true as the day I got them. So, basically I guess we all agree that SAS are the shit! They are an awesome rim, but there may be problems with the spin doctors, but I imagine if you take care of them well and keep them packed with grease as HALO says to using their special tool, they probably will last quite well.

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 7:29 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
Hey I have halo SAS rims and the rim part is fine, but for some reason the hub got busted or something, I couldn't engage it, so the bike shop is charging me $80 to fix it with a new hub or whatever.

you meen your freehub has gon this is because the spindoctor reer hubs are notoriously(sp) bad for the free hubs going. your best bet is to have the sas rims built on to some pro 2's or somthing

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 7:31 Quote
Trailer park boys is a killer show
c0tt0nm0uth wrote:
photo

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 3:00 Quote
MR-STP2 wrote:
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:

you meen your freehub has gon this is because the spindoctor reer hubs are notoriously(sp) bad for the free hubs going. your best bet is to have the sas rims built on to some pro 2's or somthing

Where can you get that in the UK???

And is it alot more expensive???

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 3:06 Quote
ive got a halo sas wheelset 24" in white. Halo spindoctor hub on front and the halo djd on the back. If your running singlespeed the halo djd is one of the best budget hubs you can get. Its amazing. Really good strong wheels, especially the 48 spoke rear ones. But not exactly light.

FL
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 11:00 Quote
ive got a pair of halo tornado's on my dh bike and so far they have been awsome i dont think there heavy and they have had some hard landings and there still rolling strait so i recomend them to any1.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 6:33 Quote
charliedj wrote:
ive got a halo sas wheelset 24" in white. Halo spindoctor hub on front and the halo djd on the back. If your running singlespeed the halo djd is one of the best budget hubs you can get. Its amazing. Really good strong wheels, especially the 48 spoke rear ones. But not exactly light.

But not necessarily TANKS either! I love mine.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 6:08 Quote
photo

Iv had my halos for a bit now and they ar still true and no flat spots. i say they ar bomb proof for what i do.

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
Does anyone now where i could get a 48h halo sas 24

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 2:38 Quote
bbrriittoonn11 wrote:
Does anyone now where i could get a 48h halo sas 24
ebay, crc , triton cycles, but dont touch spin doctor rear hubs, go for djd they're alot stronger cos i managed to kill my spin doctor on a shitty 2ft gap step down and the freehub shat itself lol but my djd hub is perfect!

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 3:00 Quote
o and for the rear spindoctor hub problems halo sorted them out in 09 with the spindoctor pro hub witch comes on the tornado, sas and freedom wheel sets. me and my riding buddies all have these wheels, ie,(tornado,sas and freedom) and i must say they are all heavyer than the compation but definatly worth it for the loud colour,freehub and super strengthSalute

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 4:01 Quote
thanks but i cant hav a djd or spin doctor because the spacing is 110

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 7:20 Quote
i planning on getting SAS' laced to pro 2's. should be a good wheel right? shouldnt be too heavy either, the SAS' are pretty light in the mid 500g range.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019945
Mobile Version of Website