Powered by Outside

YT'S new bike line is here. The Jeffsy has arrived

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT'S new bike line is here. The Jeffsy has arrived
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
After reading many complaints about the lower end models having NX eagle specd as standard I did some research to see why people were being whiny b*tches. Then I realized the drivetrain weighed 5 pounds. I think I'd rather have a squeaky cassette with a nice derailleur than a groupset that almost weighs as much as the frame itself. Ridiculous

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
After reading many complaints about the lower end models having NX eagle specd as standard I did some research to see why people were being whiny b*tches. Then I realized the drivetrain weighed 5 pounds. I think I'd rather have a squeaky cassette with a nice derailleur than a groupset that almost weighs as much as the frame itself. Ridiculous

This. But again, general public doesn't really think about cassette/drivetrain weight and the impact on ride quality they just see Eagle, 50 tooth sprocket on the cassette and think it's good. Sucks but hard to blame YT.

NX belongs on ebikes only.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
Here's a video of the 2019 Jeffsy:

https://streamable.com/rx0t3

Looks fantastic.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
That's video is no longer available. Hmmm that sucks.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 20:33 Quote
Thanks. I've added those clips from the end to my YT album.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 20:38 Quote
Thanks for the reupload. Saved the MP4... it's fully leaked now, YT may as well forget about DMCA take downs lol.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
I'm glad they made it look like this. Too similar to my tracer, I don't feel the need to buy one lol.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 6:52 Quote
Jeffsy models are out. Pretty disappointed to see they only have 1 alloy model and it's still the Gen 1 version of frame. I can see why they have more lower end carbon models though. They seemed to be very popular. But the new bikes are looking awesome. Just sad to see that YT is selling their highest end bike for near shop prices

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
Jeffsy models are out. Pretty disappointed to see they only have 1 alloy model and it's still the Gen 1 version of frame. I can see why they have more lower end carbon models though. They seemed to be very popular. But the new bikes are looking awesome. Just sad to see that YT is selling their highest end bike for near shop prices

If I recall correctly, when they released the updated Tues they only released the carbon versions. Then, weeks or months later they had the alloy Tues with the same frame shape as the update. I would expect they do the same with the new Jeffsy but who knows when it will come out

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
shakadude wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

If I recall correctly, when they released the updated Tues they only released the carbon versions. Then, weeks or months later they had the alloy Tues with the same frame shape as the update. I would expect they do the same with the new Jeffsy but who knows when it will come out

I'd like to at least see updated geo. It might be difficult for then to make the bike in the shape the carbon models are.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 18:11 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
shakadude wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

I'd like to at least see updated geo. It might be difficult for then to make the bike in the shape the carbon models are.

Or might not be worth it for them because they can charge so much more for carbon models. Also they’ve updated the old alloy frames with some new parts and changed the paint to match the rest of the line. I cant remember if they did that for the tues but it might mean less of a chance of an updated alloy model which would be a major bummer.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013513
Mobile Version of Website