Powered by Outside

Juicy 3 vs Juicy 5 vs Juicy 7

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Juicy 3 vs Juicy 5 vs Juicy 7
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
burnburger wrote:
Dont go with the juicy 3, they are single piston calipers, that will end up warping your rotor. The juicy 5s are good brakes, but arent that much cheaper than the 7s. I would suck it up and spend the extra money to buy a better brake, go for the 7's.

wrong, juicy 3's are two piston brakes...all of the juicy lineup is... juicy 3's are for someone who wants a good brake on a budget

Are you sure they are dual piston, not just single sided? I know that the 07 juicy 3's are single sided just like hayes sole. If some one else can prove that juicy 3's are now, "dual piston, opposing action, brake calipers," I would like to see it.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
i can pull sa hard as i can going as fast as i can on juicy threes and i won't go over the bars. when i don't lean foward a bit, i skid on the front ; only good thing they never make a sound

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 21:27 Quote
ok bro just get the juicy 7 end of story i got mine for 160$ and im happy its not expensive ur gonna be happy with the extra cash u spent.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 21:32 Quote
dam again ajax.

Back on topic I have the roundagon rotors and mine don't squeal at all but I can feel the rotor when I brake. Will avid trade the rotors in?

*edit*

and get either the 5/7 the 3's don't work AT ALL when wet.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 21:33 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:
dam again ajax.

Back on topic I have the roundagon rotors and mine don't squeal at all but I can feel the rotor when I brake. Will avid trade the rotors in?
thats like what 5 times?

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 6:25 Quote
burnburger wrote:
lilwalters wrote:
burnburger wrote:
Dont go with the juicy 3, they are single piston calipers, that will end up warping your rotor. The juicy 5s are good brakes, but arent that much cheaper than the 7s. I would suck it up and spend the extra money to buy a better brake, go for the 7's.

wrong, juicy 3's are two piston brakes...all of the juicy lineup is... juicy 3's are for someone who wants a good brake on a budget

Are you sure they are dual piston, not just single sided? I know that the 07 juicy 3's are single sided just like hayes sole. If some one else can prove that juicy 3's are now, "dual piston, opposing action, brake calipers," I would like to see it.

ya they're dual piston, juicy 3's came stock on my STP lenosky... you can clearly see both pads moving when the lever is squeezed... normally also with a single piston, the inside pad is locked in place, but can be adjusted by some exterior hex key adjustment... the caliper lacks such adjusment, which would just plain blow if single piston

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 0:56 Quote
I'm thinking of getting juicys, though i am on a tight budget so i think i'll go 5's. Is there a big difference between 5's and 7's.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 16:14 Quote
dher113 wrote:
I'm thinking of getting juicys, though i am on a tight budget so i think i'll go 5's. Is there a big difference between 5's and 7's.

The main difference is that the Juicy 7s have an adjustment knob for the levers, which puts the pads closer or further from the disc. I think the inner parts are different too, but I'm not totally sure on the details.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
dher113 wrote:

The main difference is that the Juicy 7s have an adjustment knob for the levers, which puts the pads closer or further from the disc. I think the inner parts are different too, but I'm not totally sure on the details.

It's just the pad adjust. Nice if you have the money, but not needed.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
i recently got the juicy 7, great brake, never touched the ajustment knob yet. their a big step up from hayes brakes.

which ever one you go with youll be happy they all have the same stopping power.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
dher113 wrote:

Can you still adjust the contact point on the juicy 5 ?

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
ridingqc wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:

Can you still adjust the contact point on the juicy 5 ?

Well, there are ways, but they aren't worth it. They feel alright anyways.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
i think there might be slight improvments other then the pad adjust, but nothin really noticable..............if ure doing street/dj, get the 5, if ure doin dh/fr, gethe 7

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
Bomber-Man-8825 wrote:
i think there might be slight improvments other then the pad adjust, but nothin really noticable..............if ure doing street/dj, get the 5, if ure doin dh/fr, gethe 7

Nope contact point adjustment and that's it.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 0:29 Quote
All of the juicy 3s are dual piston. Avid don't make shit.

Juicy 3s are great. They seem to be more inconsistent in quality (I've heard complaints, but mine are great, but I actually maintain my bike :rollSmile They lack a split clamp, hyperextending lever and simple reach adjust. 5s have a different caliper but no simple reach adjust. If you can live without the split clamp, get juicy 3s. If you want bling get juicy 7s. If you want light, it doesn't matter, they are within 10g of each other per end.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.290761
Mobile Version of Website