Virginia riders....anyone??

PB Forum :: USA - East
Virginia riders....anyone??
O+ FL
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 15:36 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:
You've never heard of Freedom Park and you live in Virginia? I hope your joking buddy lol

haha nah ive never hear of it, how is it?
Amazing, probably one of the best freeride trail systems in Virginia. Ton of northshore stuff, including a 10 foot drop Beer

interesting ive never heard of it. ill have to see if people around here have been there

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 15:41 Quote
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:

haha nah ive never hear of it, how is it?
Amazing, probably one of the best freeride trail systems in Virginia. Ton of northshore stuff, including a 10 foot drop Beer

interesting ive never heard of it. ill have to see if people around here have been there
Yeah definitely, here are a couple of the features there.
Big Easy drop-10 feet
  Big Easy drop-10 feet

Me hitting the Three Ridges drop at Freedom Park
  Me hitting the Three Ridges drop at Freedom Park

Me on Shotgun
  Me on Shotgun

An old sequence that I found from last summer of Matt sending the Three Ridges drop and almost going over the bars...good times.
  An old sequence that I found from last summer of Matt sending the Three Ridges drop and almost going over the bars...good times.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 17:34 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:

nice that looks pretty sweet!

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 18:11 Quote
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:

nice that looks pretty sweet!
Yeah the whole place is awesome, there are 5 trails total but C trail is the one with all the freeride stuff.

Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 18:20 Quote
If you like Freedom now; you are going to love it next springSmile We are working with the park manager to build a Freeride skills area with an additional 15 or so obstacles all in one area, and they are going to contract out a pump track in the same spot. All just down the road from the grass field. Plus we have a few more obstacles that might be put in. Maybe a little taller drop to keep our progression upSmile

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 18:46 Quote
calvinstoney wrote:
If you like Freedom now; you are going to love it next springSmile We are working with the park manager to build a Freeride skills area with an additional 15 or so obstacles all in one area, and they are going to contract out a pump track in the same spot. All just down the road from the grass field. Plus we have a few more obstacles that might be put in. Maybe a little taller drop to keep our progression upSmile
Awesome! Yeah I love Freedom, best trail system in Virginia Big Grin . Can't wait to see that stuff, is there any schedule of work days? Because I'd be willing to help with building. Cheers man Smile

Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 18:56 Quote
Best way to know about the building days that we have open to anyone is to check out the EVMA sight on CCVA. Most likely the days that the trail captain needs help will be posted up there.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 18:59 Quote
calvinstoney wrote:
Best way to know about the building days that we have open to anyone is to check out the EVMA sight on CCVA. Most likely the days that the trail captain needs help will be posted up there.
Alright awesome, a pump track/freeride skills area up there would make that place my second home....not like it already isn't anyway lol

Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 19:04 Quote
Awesome to hear that people are having fun with the trail. Makes us want to build more, can't wait to see what this winter brings when we have it complete. Drop by the James City County Parks website if you ever get the chance and put a thank you to them for letting us build.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 20:55 Quote
calvinstoney wrote:
Awesome to hear that people are having fun with the trail. Makes us want to build more, can't wait to see what this winter brings when we have it complete. Drop by the James City County Parks website if you ever get the chance and put a thank you to them for letting us build.
Will do, my whole group of riding buddies have Freedom at the ranked at the top of their list of favorite trails, so you guys are doing a good job! Hoping to get up there during Thanksgiving break a couple times.

Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 21:00 Quote
[/Quote] Will do, my whole group of riding buddies have Freedom at the ranked at the top of their list of favorite trails, so you guys are doing a good job! Hoping to get up there during Thanksgiving break a couple times.[/Quote]

Thanks very much, it is greatly appreciated by all the axe swingers.

Posted: Dec 4, 2012 at 17:10 Quote
mtbtacolover wrote:
ravelm3nt wrote:
If anyone lives near Fountainhead and hasn't been there since the trail has been updated, definitely check it out. Lots of berms, some jumps and a new skinny area. For regular trail riding it stomps any other local trail.
'
x2 its sick now!
Oh wassup nigga, fancy seeing you here

Mod
Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 21:31 Quote
Any body live in Southern VA? I'll be in Mount Airy(Northern NC, within spitting distance of the border). What's good in that area? I've got Dry spikes on the bike right now, what do you guys run tire wise?
cheers

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2013 at 14:33 Quote
Has anyone ridden Poor Farm Park lately? Looks like someone's been doing some maintenance out there, Hanover County doesn't maintain them anymore.

Posted: Jan 28, 2013 at 19:47 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:
Has anyone ridden Poor Farm Park lately? Looks like someone's been doing some maintenance out there, Hanover County doesn't maintain them anymore.

I live about a mile away from poor farm and rode it over my winter break.....some local riders get together and do some trail maintenance every once in a while.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022671
Mobile Version of Website