Had any XC riders recently come back from COVID and felt big slow

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Had any XC riders recently come back from COVID and felt big slow
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
That had to be the response because a large portion of Americans are too stupid to follow the rules. They locked everything down to slow the spread and keep hospitals from being overwhelmed with the idiots who said it's nothing to worry about get sick and need hospital care.

Hence the reason the it's spread all over the us when in March it was mostly confined to Cali NY and WA.

Now it's everywhere because even with the lock down people were acting like it wasn't a big deal, not social distancing and not masking up.

The lockdown is the reason we don't have stadiums filled with field hospitals

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 9:12 Quote
eshew wrote:
That had to be the response because a large portion of Americans are too stupid to follow the rules. They locked everything down to slow the spread and keep hospitals from being overwhelmed with the idiots who said it's nothing to worry about get sick and need hospital care.

Hence the reason the it's spread all over the us when in March it was mostly confined to Cali NY and WA.

Now it's everywhere because even with the lock down people were acting like it wasn't a big deal, not social distancing and not masking up.

Bs. Hospitals are not and we’re not ever overwhelmed. My wife works as a nurse at our local hospital, on the Covid floor, and has been watching YouTube for 85% of her day since March. 98% of people who get it nothing happens. You have zero proof closing everything down and continuing to has had any effect. A face diaper to prevent a virus spread? Please. Luckily I’m in Florida and we weren’t stupid enough to decimate our economy over this crap. Open the damn states.

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
itay123 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

No one ever said that. The issue is the overblown response to Covid.

343,000 dead and overflowing hospitals. Doesn’t sound like an over reaction to me.

The RESPONSE to Covid has been an over reaction. Closing down businesses, shutting down states. Ridiculous. Those that are vulnerable, can stay home etc. the other 98.8% of us can live on.

The immense deaths doesn’t account for other issues such as the permanent damage that so many people face. Not to mention that with all of these restrictions our ICUs are over flowing. Just try to imagine how bad it would be with less restrictions. Suddenly people in car accidents don’t get the care they need. Heart attacks don’t get the care they need. It’s a domino effect and the deaths would be immense. Not to mention that the COVID death rate alone rose to higher than 10 % in Italy when hospitals began to overflow. In no world can society just keep going as normal with covid running around. Nobody likes or wants this but it is the reality of the situation and the more people deny it the longer we will be in this situation

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
eshew wrote:

Bs. Hospitals are not and we’re not ever overwhelmed. My wife works as a nurse at our local hospital, on the Covid floor, and has been watching YouTube for 85% of her day since March. 98% of people who get it nothing happens. You have zero proof closing everything down and continuing to has had any effect. A face diaper to prevent a virus spread? Please. Luckily I’m in Florida and we weren’t stupid enough to decimate our economy over this crap. Open the damn states.

You live somewhere with a light case load. Guess what? That’s not a nationwide experience.

You’re also very confused about what survival means. Permanent lung damage for lets say... 2% of the survivors? Maybe half of those file for permanent disability, and maybe 1/4 of those are on 100% disability. 2% of
19.8M cases (so far) is 396K. 198K on disability and 49,500 (double your town population) on 100%. (To give you a real world similar disease comparison, SARS long term effects ended up at over 25% on disability — that’s over 600k on 100% FYI)

Luckily I don’t live in a place where people on disability with breathing problems like to move, it’s too cold here. Enjoy your tax increases to pay for all the sick people moving to Florida lol

TLDR; numbers are hard and you are a short sighted fool #2020 #taxes

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
DHhack wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
eshew wrote:

You live somewhere with a light case load. Guess what? That’s not a nationwide experience.

You’re also very confused about what survival means. Permanent lung damage for lets say... 2% of the survivors? Maybe half of those file for permanent disability, and maybe 1/4 of those are on 100% disability. 2% of
19.8M cases (so far) is 396K. 198K on disability and 49,500 (double your town population) on 100%. (To give you a real world similar disease comparison, SARS long term effects ended up at over 25% on disability — that’s over 600k on 100% FYI)

Luckily I don’t live in a place where people on disability with breathing problems like to move, it’s too cold here. Enjoy your tax increases to pay for all the sick people moving to Florida lol

Username fits

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
DHhack wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
eshew wrote:

Ya... try coming around to LA where ambulances are being turned around at hospitals. Thank you for being a direct contributor to the deaths and disability of thousands. Your inability to understand science or feel empathy doesn’t excuse you from responsibility.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 16:00 Quote
itay123 wrote:
DHhack wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Ya... try coming around to LA where ambulances are being turned around at hospitals. Thank you for being a direct contributor to the deaths and disability of thousands. Your inability to understand science or feel empathy doesn’t excuse you from responsibility.

I thought closing business and staying 6 ft apart and wearing face diapers works? What’s the problem in California?

We did none of that crap here in Florida. And don’t have the problems you guys do in California.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 22:17 Quote
Ricochet: Let's see, you're from Naples Florida right? A nice little town of 20 thousand. Gosh I wonder why your experience might be different from the rest of the us.

Your experience obviously differs from many because you live in a small town. Most of your residents are 55+. It's half retirement village, the other half probably supports them.

Your town, although I'm sure it's really nice has little in common with the rest of the US. You're lucky covid has not reared its ugly head in your community. Very lucky, I'm sure many of us would be happy as clams to not have to wear masks, social distance and have our local businesses suffer.

But that's just luck buddy, that doesn't make what your doing successful.

Consider this: Someone shoots into a group of 3 people. A person dressed in a suit is shot, as is a person in a jacket. The 3rd person dresses as a clown is unharmed.

By your logic dressing as a clown makes you bulletproof. But it's just luck.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 3:21 Quote
eshew wrote:
Ricochet: Let's see, you're from Naples Florida right? A nice little town of 20 thousand. Gosh I wonder why your experience might be different from the rest of the us.

Your experience obviously differs from many because you live in a small town. Most of your residents are 55+. It's half retirement village, the other half probably supports them.

Your town, although I'm sure it's really nice has little in common with the rest of the US. You're lucky covid has not reared its ugly head in your community. Very lucky, I'm sure many of us would be happy as clams to not have to wear masks, social distance and have our local businesses suffer.

Consider this: Someone shoots into a group of 3 people. A person dressed in a suit is shot, as is a person in a jacket. The 3rd person dresses as a clown is unharmed.

It’s not just Naples tho. Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Sarasota, etc are the same. No overwhelmed hospitals. Business are open. No mandatory mask bs. Idk...I just seriously question the response to Covid and it’s effectiveness.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
eshew wrote:

It’s not just Naples tho. Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Sarasota, etc are the same. No overwhelmed hospitals. Business are open. No mandatory mask bs. Idk...I just seriously question the response to Covid and it’s effectiveness.

Again none of those compare to cities like LA and NY

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
itay123 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
eshew wrote:

Again none of those compare to cities like LA and NY

Didn’t those states and cities “lockdown”? Closed businesses, mandatory masks and all that crap...how did it work out?
And before you say “well the numbers would be worse if they didn’t”, prove it.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 10:36 Quote
They did and didn't work. Back in early March around Seattle we had our first big outbreak at the Kirkland nursing home. That's when my family started to lock it down. Daughter came home from daycare and the wife and I were lucky enough to work from home.

Pretty sure we had an early case of covid in January, I didn't feel awesome, my dad caught it and got pnemonia.

Regardless, WA and NY were the first big outbreaks. WA went into lockdown 1st, for the year we've had 242k covid cases. Florida had it's first case confirmed around March 1st. Orange county florida had it's lockdown. Obviously not everyone is abiding by the rules, but in Washington everyone is masked up now, in big cities and small (although some the smallest towns are still fighting back against the lockdown)

Total WA covid cases to date 242k, total florida 1.28 millioin
Total deaths WA: 3,420. FL: 21,546

So the lockdown is working if people follow the rules. The lockdown sucks but if you want less people to die following the rules helps.

From a political standpoint it's tough to swallow when you see businesses failing and being closed down but see massive protests that are allowed to loot and destroy. Our political system isn't perfect. Any sane person would rather work in the private sector, they make more money and don't have political ads trashing their families. So we are left with people far from perfect, who make the best decisions to be reelected rather than doing what's right most of the time. China on the other hand, their political system does have power because it has teeth. Big f'n chompers that can force millions to do what it tells them. They say jump, people jump. Those that don't get jailed and tortured. It's not pretty but it's darn effective.

2020 sucked but the lockdown measures work, florida is getting it's ass handed to them regarding covid only cali, ny and texas are worse.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
Proof: Florida is 3x larger than WA from a population standpoint, Florida has 6X the number of Covid cases, about the same for deaths.

So Florida is getting hit literally twice as hard as WA state.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_totalcases

https://www.infoplease.com/us/states/state-population-by-rank

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
To add to that, when covid first hit the US it came to Cali and NY. California reacted faster and went into lockdown two weeks before NY. It was new so people listened in California and it was pretty effective. Cases slowed and hospitals were doing well. NY was a little too slow to react and they had a nightmare scenario. People dead in hallways. People who needed help and just couldn’t get it. There. More proof.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
eshew wrote:
They did and didn't work. Back in early March around Seattle we had our first big outbreak at the Kirkland nursing home. That's when my family started to lock it down. Daughter came home from daycare and the wife and I were lucky enough to work from home.

Pretty sure we had an early case of covid in January, I didn't feel awesome, my dad caught it and got pnemonia.

Regardless, WA and NY were the first big outbreaks. WA went into lockdown 1st, for the year we've had 242k covid cases. Florida had it's first case confirmed around March 1st. Orange county florida had it's lockdown. Obviously not everyone is abiding by the rules, but in Washington everyone is masked up now, in big cities and small (although some the smallest towns are still fighting back against the lockdown)

Total WA covid cases to date 242k, total florida 1.28 millioin
Total deaths WA: 3,420. FL: 21,546

So the lockdown is working if people follow the rules. The lockdown sucks but if you want less people to die following the rules helps.

From a political standpoint it's tough to swallow when you see businesses failing and being closed down but see massive protests that are allowed to loot and destroy. Our political system isn't perfect. Any sane person would rather work in the private sector, they make more money and don't have political ads trashing their families. So we are left with people far from perfect, who make the best decisions to be reelected rather than doing what's right most of the time. China on the other hand, their political system does have power because it has teeth. Big f'n chompers that can force millions to do what it tells them. They say jump, people jump. Those that don't get jailed and tortured. It's not pretty but it's darn effective.

2020 sucked but the lockdown measures work, florida is getting it's ass handed to them regarding covid only cali, ny and texas are worse.

Getting Covid isn’t a death sentence. Most people don’t even know they have it unless tested.
Regarding the numbers...Washington state has 7.7 million people. Florida has 22 million. Numbers will obviously be higher in Florida. And this is a state that did not lockdown and besides pockets of democrat ran liberal areas did not and does not have any type of mask mandates. In fact our governor specifically created a executive order preventing those areas from closing businesses and mandating masks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015469
Mobile Version of Website