Montana Thread

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
Magnu wrote:
Hey I will be moving from Washington to Montana whats the riding like there around Helena. I know Big Sky is not to far away. Are the trails around there mostly XC. What is the AM/FR/DH scene like in Montana. I don't mind driving to a trail. Thanks

I actually live in helena, almost everything is xc or all mountain. No DH to speak of unless you head over to the bozeman/big sky area. When you get here i can show you some of the freeride spots and djs. There is something resembling Dh on McDonald Pass but its alot of uphill too

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
hey do you know of anything in the Eurika area? got a cabin by lake koocanoosa and yeah.... looking for a plave to ride (Preferably FR)

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 20:15 Quote
Im going to college this year in missoula and i need to find the freeride and downhill scene there! so if anyone knows or is going too let me know and we'll ride

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 18:29 Quote
Never heard of anyting near Eureka, try the outdoors shop there. There aint much around you might have to just explore

O+
Posted: May 3, 2009 at 18:30 Quote
Ive asked them... nothing they know of ( their more for fishing and that sorta junk)

i've heard of this place called spencer mountain... where abouts is it? and is it worth going there?

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 17:10 Quote
hey guys, im going to montana for a vacation this summer, i am flying so i can't bring my bike, what is the best place to rent a bike? i work at a specialized shop now but anything works.

also, what are the best places to ride? im interested in downhill (resort hopefully), all mountain, dual slalom or 4x, but any kind of riding works....

sorry its kind of a broad question,
thanks
josh

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 14:26 Quote
is there any good lift accessed riding in montana? will there be anything open this weekendd? im coming over and would like to ride some stuff while i'm there.

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
I love Montana, but I am in Great Falls and I don't know where to ride my new DH ride. Is there somewhere closer than big sky to get good trails to text my new bike at.

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 19:08 Quote
Big Sky outside of bozeman has a great resort with lift access. There are rumors that Red Lodge might open too.

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 22:48 Quote
Well, Red Lodge is out of the question. I hate to have to say this, but it was just that: a rumor. I e-mailed them about the DH photographs they have incorporated into their new website design and they replied as such:

"Unfortunately at this time Red Lodge Mountain is unable to offer lift assisted downhill mountain biking due to forest service safety regulations regarding the lifts. We are required to have safety bars on all chair lifts should we open for the summer. I apologize if the pictures have given the wrong impression we had also hoped to have a downhill mountain bike race in August and due to the new safety regulations are unable to have this event as well.

Our Marketing Department is currently having new photographs taken so that we may take the mountain bike pictures off the website. Again, I apologize for the wrong impression.

You and your friends are still more than welcome to come ride Red Lodge Mountain Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm in a cross country capacity."

Posted: May 30, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
I was thinking of maybe making some bootleg trails next summer.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 10:43 Quote
im building one by libby in the summer....

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
Hope the guys who were road tripping BC had a good time. Spoke to one of your party on the chairlift at Silver Star (near Vernon BC) last Thursday. tup

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 0:04 Quote
GnarlyX wrote:
Hope the guys who were road tripping BC had a good time. Spoke to one of your party on the chairlift at Silver Star (near Vernon BC) last Thursday. tup

What was he riding? We were just there....

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 0:27 Quote
Anyone here in Bozeman? I'm looking for people to ride with. Maybe build a trail somewhere?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022372
Mobile Version of Website