Powered by Outside

22 EVO Comp Alloy coming ..

PB Forum :: Specialized
22 EVO Comp Alloy coming ..
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 25, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
Thanks for the clarification. Pedaling characteristics aside, the swat box and adjustable geo are strong selling points.

Let's see if I can find an Ibis and specialized to demo in the spring. I thought Ibis' implementation of DW link is supposed to combine small bump sensitivity along with excellent pedaling efficiency but perhaps I was wrong.

FL
Posted: Dec 25, 2021 at 11:57 Quote
In general the Ibis system will climb better, but the SJ EVO is superior descending.

I like how DW Ibis bikes climb, but they are so open and responsive (under-damped, fast rebound) that they feel nervous descending.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 13:59 Quote
What’s the possibility of using a 200mm dropper on a s4?

Looks like we lose over 30mm max insertion on the alloy over carbon frame on a s4

Meaning I’d really struggle to get a decent dropper post as if I had to have a 175~ dropper I’d have tonnes of lower exposed to get my 29.5” saddle height

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 7:36 Quote
I was hoping you guys can help me - Does the Alloy Evo come with/ have room for the SWAT bladder? The website doesn't include language about it for the alloy frame specs, but MBR claims it has it while everywhere else has no mention of if the alloy versions can carry the water flask.

FL
Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
Geckoblue545 wrote:
I was hoping you guys can help me - Does the Alloy Evo come with/ have room for the SWAT bladder? The website doesn't include language about it for the alloy frame specs, but MBR claims it has it while everywhere else has no mention of if the alloy versions can carry the water flask.

It does not come with it, and I don't have one to try fit.
But the "cargo hole" on the alloy frame is for sure smaller than the carbon version. I would be doubtful of fit.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 17:24 Quote
Didzy2009 wrote:

Looks like we lose over 30mm max insertion on the alloy over carbon frame on a s4

Meaning I’d really struggle to get a decent dropper post as if I had to have a 175~ dropper I’d have tonnes of lower exposed to get my 29.5” saddle height

I’m running a 210 Oneup dropper on mine.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 6:28 Quote
Didzy2009 wrote:

Spesh manual says it has 230mm max insertion, I measured myself 240mm on S4.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 15:19 Quote
Has anyone ridden the Ripmo and SJ evo or Alooy Evo? I’m strongly considering selling my Ripmo carbon for a evo alloy.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2022 at 6:01 Quote
bikebasher wrote:
Geckoblue545 wrote:

But the "cargo hole" on the alloy frame is for sure smaller than the carbon version. I would be doubtful of fit.

The water bag will fit in down near the bottom bracket.
It fits in my bike (size S6).

Don't know if it will fit in other fram sizes though.

You can buy one for $20.

Posted: Mar 5, 2022 at 14:53 Quote
Whoduh wrote:
bikebasher wrote:
Geckoblue545 wrote:

The water bag will fit in down near the bottom bracket.
It fits in my bike (size S6).

Don't know if it will fit in other fram sizes though.

You can buy one for $20.

Fits in my S4, just have to make sure it’s not bursting full or it won’t it fit.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 1:43 Quote
photo
Rubber cover at the bottom of the seat tube is the best diy upgrade so far. Keeps the dirt out of the frame holes.

Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 2:41 Quote
Does someone experiencing a cracking sound from the headset? Not something you can notice during a normal riding, but on sharp hits like rolling over a pavement border.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2023 at 3:58 Quote
Anyone have any issues with paint rub underneath the head tube?

Photo here: https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/24483384/

Unsure how it could have happened as I never have shuttled with a pickup truck or anything like that.

It seems to follow the weld so I’m concerned it could be indicative of a crack or something.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2023 at 9:46 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:
Has anyone ridden the Ripmo and SJ evo or Alooy Evo? I’m strongly considering selling my Ripmo carbon for a evo alloy.

I literally just sold my XL ripmo AF for a s6 EVO Alloy. No real rides yet but driveway testing tells me, I made the right choice!
The reach and adjustable Geo were the two selling points for me. Going from 495 reach to 528 is the game changer for me (i’m 6’6”). The ibis is as playful but it got real squirrelly at speed and steep terrain, something tells me that shouldn’t be an issue on the evo…. Plus for sake of vanity: the evo is f’ing sexy…

photo

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019450
Mobile Version of Website