Powered by Outside

Insurgent V3 i9 hydra builds except just kidding no i9 hydras

PB Forum :: Evil
Insurgent V3 i9 hydra builds except just kidding no i9 hydras
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 15:57 Quote
here’s a quick update on those sun wheels if anyones questioning the quality of them. only a few months riding them, here’s some things that’ve developed in the last month:

when off the bike, if you roll it back and fourth you can feel the bearings in the front wheel binding. almost feels like a bent rotor making contact, but I took it off and confirmed its the hub. i’ve always installed the axle with a torque wrench to the specified torque number.

the rear wheel has now developed a horrible spoke pinging noise, can be heard very audibly when hitting a berm hard. I have an example video, I need to film this other trail thats a little faster with better berms, where it happens on almost every turn.

The sound can be heard at 1:50:

“tHeY’rE eNdUrO wHeELs jUsT LiKe i9’S tHeY sHoULd HoLd uP FiNe” - summit bikes

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
ilovetoskipow wrote:
Talked to Summit. I've had an Insurgent MX GX on order since Novemberish. They said all ~20 insurgents they had coming (they still don't have a date for when this will be) would be spec'd with the sunringle, and that they were not willing to change the price even though the wheels were different (and much cheaper). They said that because I was locked into the 6k price because I ordered last year I was already getting a discount...

So I switched to a 27 GX they had in stock, and they honored last years price for it. Glad I read this thread and contacted them. They were honest and worked it out for me. I wish they had been willing to give me a discount on the MX with the wack wheels, but whatever, I have a bike that I'm still stoked to ride.

I would have just bailed and bought another bike if they didn't have a 27 available. Sucks to lock in your bike for next year like 6 months in advance and then have it not be what you ordered...these times are weird...

honestly man, these sun wheels are so shit. if anyone got suns without being notified and were refused a refund I’d just do a credit card chargeback for the full price of a set of i9’s to light a fire under their ass. only about 3 months in and mine are falling apart on me. This is not legal advice I’m drunk and severely mentally handicapped please consult your attorney first.

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 4:43 Quote
Just happened to another guy on the Evil Facebook group. Are they building these bikes up or just pocketing the I9 wheels and installing some lower end wheels

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 13:34 Quote
saskparkrider wrote:
Just happened to another guy on the Evil Facebook group. Are they building these bikes up or just pocketing the I9 wheels and installing some lower end wheels

i9’s are only a 2-3 week wait right now so there’s no excuse anymore. From what Evil told me along with everyone else, evil was shipping them bikes without wheels and deducting it from their price, and summit bikes was taking advantage of the situation by getting the cheapest wheels possible in order to pocket the most money.

Update: They gave me a laughable $250 back for the difference in MSRP. Assuming anyone in their right mind would pay $750 MSRP for these wheels. I wouldn’t even buy them if they were on sale for $400/set.

I tightened the spokes so they don’t make that awful sound anymore. But since then, they’ve once again gotten so loose and these rims flex so much that my rear tire buzzes my frame on every hard turn. and there’s a 1/4” of clearance on each side of the tire. Even my front tire is starting to occasionally make contact. I either need to get a stiffer wheel or run 2.3” tire or something tiny.

Going to order a new set of i9’s and probably throw these in the trash or put them in the classifieds for about $100.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 12:45 Quote
Not Insurgents but definitely I9 Hydra:

Evil Offering LS
Evil Offering LS

Evil Offering LS
Evil Offering LS

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013944
Mobile Version of Website