Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Is the Fall Guy worth the price?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Is the Fall Guy worth the price?
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
ok, i don't want to start a bitch fest here. I own a 22.5 dobermann, i have rode a 21.5, I have also rode a 21.5 mob and a 22.5 mob and to me... the difference was not even close to being enough to say that any frame is better then the other. The differences would be a personal preference thing. I can go back and forth between the large mob and the large pinscher and both frames feel similar enough that it doesnt affect my riding in anyway.

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 20:28 Quote
the advantage of the pinsher over the mob is the drop outs, you can not slam a 24 on a mob, where as you can get a 24 on the pinsher to touch the seat post, if he is running 26 it does not matter but he said 24 and to me that would be the decideing factor

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
bikenation wrote:
ok, i don't want to start a bitch fest here. I own a 22.5 dobermann, i have rode a 21.5, I have also rode a 21.5 mob and a 22.5 mob and to me... the difference was not even close to being enough to say that any frame is better then the other. The differences would be a personal preference thing. I can go back and forth between the large mob and the large pinscher and both frames feel similar enough that it doesnt affect my riding in anyway.

i agree with you, i could go between a pinscher and a riot (i have, i had a pinscher my friend has a riot) i dont feel a big difference between the two (and his is a large) the average rider cannot feel the difference but Ican feel the difference. the dob spins better and feels twitchier, the riot is more stable, i would say a bit more of a dj bike and the dob is a bit more of a street / park bike

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
your comparing red apples to green apples here.

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
other friend has a 21.5 mob* should have mentioned that

i find the two bm's feel more alike then the pinscher

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 17:40 Quote
bikenation wrote:
your comparing red apples to green apples here.

i can taste the difference. :p

bikenation wrote:
You know the dobermann and the black market are almost identical geometry right? Saying one is better with 24 inch wheels then the other is foolish. I own a dobermann and have rode mobs and I really do not think one has a huge advantage over the other at all, it would all be the preference of the rider.

I absolutely agree. How's the dobermann's pop on lips?

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 17:52 Quote
I duno see i had a list built up to make a riot for street and it came to about 1500 give or take. If you focus the majority of your money on major components like the wheel set and the fork and frame, you can built a riot for 1500 and built it up later, because sure the 357 would allow for better upgrades but unless you need to have top end parts the riots better long term.

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 22:57 Quote
The dobermann pops off anything like a dream. It was the first frame I have ever rode that I felt completley at home on the second i pedaled it.

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 8:03 Quote
bikenation wrote:
The dobermann pops off anything like a dream. It was the first frame I have ever rode that I felt completley at home on the second i pedaled it.

ditto

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
To say the Fall Guy is not a good jumper is just showing the sad state of knowledge in the MTB world. The FG would be an AWSOME jumper and IMO easily the best of the three frames. Disks are completely unnecessary for that type of frame and are nothing but a fad. Yes I said it FAD. One day kids will realize that bending disks is a waste of money and they will get more stopping power out of a $30 Vee than a $130 draulic setup. The only place that disks are really needed are on a decent sized mountain where you would melt the pads of a disk. The tight head angle is good if you know how to ride a bicycle and the short chain stays are NOT short they are decent, but they are compared to frames that are capable of running gears. There is no need for long C-stays and I can point to BMX frames that will most often have 13.75" stays. They would be tight with a 24" wheel but you need about 15" stays for the chain to hit all the gears on a 9 speed cassette.

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
do yourself a favour and look at the superco frames.
those are so hot!!!!!!
http://www.ridesuperco.com/
wow i love these

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
The fall guy is super sick and Tonic Fab is coming out with a new 26 frame

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 at 23:34 Quote
ricar wrote:
To say the Fall Guy is not a good jumper is just showing the sad state of knowledge in the MTB world. The FG would be an AWSOME jumper and IMO easily the best of the three frames. Disks are completely unnecessary for that type of frame and are nothing but a fad. Yes I said it FAD. One day kids will realize that bending disks is a waste of money and they will get more stopping power out of a $30 Vee than a $130 draulic setup. The only place that disks are really needed are on a decent sized mountain where you would melt the pads of a disk. The tight head angle is good if you know how to ride a bicycle and the short chain stays are NOT short they are decent, but they are compared to frames that are capable of running gears. There is no need for long C-stays and I can point to BMX frames that will most often have 13.75" stays. They would be tight with a 24" wheel but you need about 15" stays for the chain to hit all the gears on a 9 speed cassette.

I wish my black market had v tabs. So angry.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019462
Mobile Version of Website