Help lighten my bike!!!!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Help lighten my bike!!!!
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
do you think i should make these changes?

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
My best advice for lightening up your bike is to get 50 baloons, fill them with helium and tie them to your frame. That baby will float over 100 foot gaps.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 11:46 Quote
haha very funny....no can anyone seriously tell me their suggestions please, as i want to get my bike perfect asap...
cheers

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 11:46 Quote
superfly26 wrote:
My best advice for lightening up your bike is to get 50 baloons, fill them with helium and tie them to your frame. That baby will float over 100 foot gaps.

LOL Imagine having enough baloons so you don't float but drop very very slowly. Go off a road gap and just hold onto the bike as best you can.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 11:48 Quote
djbiker01 wrote:
haha very funny....no can anyone seriously tell me their suggestions please, as i want to get my bike perfect asap...
cheers

I was serious Cry

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
Ok i will go and buy 50 baloons and tie them to my bike...wow i think not Smile

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 12:28 Quote
can anybody suggest anything else? not small things like innertubes although they will help...i have money so make any sensible suggestions please..not like baloonslol

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
djbiker01 wrote:
can anybody suggest anything else? not small things like innertubes although they will help...i have money so make any sensible suggestions please..not like baloonslol

You could drill holes in your frame and cranks. That would save some weight.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
ok mate...please dont add any more suggestions to this thread baloons and drilling holes really isnt my thing-this is aimed at superfly26

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
i would go for a light tyre set and tubes but i prefer n not having a puncture lol
urm go for the tioga fs100's Big Grin
soo light !! and also go to the gym Wink
get stronger and your bike will get lighter !

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
nutty247 wrote:
i would go for a light tyre set and tubes but i prefer n not having a puncture lol

Exactly!! Weight loss on a bike is usually not worth it. So what you'll save 500grams. The advantage you gain from that will be virtually nothing compared to if you go to the gym and get stronger and ride lots and build up your cardio. Unless you plan on taking 2-3 lbs off your bike you wont see much of a difference. And the old rule of thumb is it costs about $1000 to lose 1lb from your bike.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 12:56 Quote
yer it pointless unless your bike is MASSIVELY heavy Frown
so just get to the gym and get pumping Big Grin

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
oh..im nt by any means weak lol but i spose i could do more pumpingSmile

i will still make some changes to my bike tho..like the cranks, chain, pedals, etc..

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
nutty247 wrote:

you say fs100's...
im stuck between them and crazy bobs? its more the fact that the crazy bobs r nice ad wide

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011800
Mobile Version of Website