Juicy 7 or Hayes 9?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Juicy 7 or Hayes 9?
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:37 Quote
tylerevangelista wrote:
HEMPDOG wrote:
i have a hayes 9 and its great. im thinking bout the juicy but idk yet? juicy seem better but still idk.
keep your hayes nines. i had juicy sevens on my bike and they sucked. the hayes feel nicer and i felt like i had to adjust my juicys every time i rode to get them back to where i wanted them
true dat mine did the same thats why i got hayes nines

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
cdavis wrote:
Juicy 7's blow Hayes 9 way out of the water. Amazing modulation, they have a great feel unlike Hayes, and they're very easily adjusted, which is something that can't be said about the Hayes 9.

quote.
7's

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
Are you kidding me? You're comparing Hayes 9 with the Juicy 7. Let's have a run down.

Juicy 7:

-Ambidexstrous
-Uses DOT 5.1 fluid
-Easily adjusted with the Speed Dial knob
-Can be run with any SRAM derailler thanks to the matchmaker designed clamp, saving a ton of room on your bars.
Weight: 390 grams

Hayes 9 HD:

-Flip flop design
-Anti-rotation reach adjustment bushing
-Two-piece master cylinder
-Sintered metallic all-weather pad compound
Weight: 530 grams

Both are ambidextrous. But the Juicy 7 uses higher grade brake fluid, weighs 140 grams less, has better adjustments, can be used from XC to FR, and can combine onto any SRAM derailleur shifter to make room on your bars. Go with the Juicy 7.

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
9s fit in that same as 7s with sram shifters

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
superdudster666 wrote:
9s fit in that same as 7s with sram shifters

yeah but they Suck in comparison.

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
how do they suck in comparision

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
tylerevangelista wrote:
how do they suck in comparision

Look three posts above and then you'll see them in comparison. Juicy 7's dominate Hayes 9's.

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
pretty much for all the reasonsthat have been mentioned above.. I used to run hayes 9's and they were okay ., They lasted well and worked, but the difference since switching to the 7's on my new ride...it's not even a comparison.
with juicy's it's like being symbiotic with the brake, you can really feel the contact, With the 9's you lose that same sense of feel through the mechanism... that's the best I can do at explaining it.

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
dmadness wrote:
pretty much for all the reasonsthat have been mentioned above.. I used to run hayes 9's and they were okay ., They lasted well and worked, but the difference since switching to the 7's on my new ride...it's not even a comparison.
with juicy's it's like being symbiotic with the brake, you can really feel the contact, With the 9's you lose that same sense of feel through the mechanism... that's the best I can do at explaining it.
oh ok. i see what u mean. i really coild care less if i feel the brake. i just want to stop. hahaha but they are both good

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
Not trying to be a dick, But it doesn;t seem like you undestand at all.. why would you want a less responsive break that you can't feel??

Anyway's..

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
tylerevangelista wrote:
dmadness wrote:
oh ok. i see what u mean. i really coild care less if i feel the brake. i just want to stop. hahaha but they are both good

You can generally get the idea of how fast the brake will stop you from the feel of the brake. Juicy's feel so smooth and responsive in their feel, the 9's just have a terrible, gritty feel to them that I absolutely hate.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 9:26 Quote
skinna wrote:
why would u look at 9s when hayes has a amazing brake like the stroker that is way cheaper than a juicy 7

man, all you do is tell people to get what ever you have....

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
take it from someone who has had both,my first bike came with hayes nine and i didnt like the feel i now have juicy seven and i love the feel, it is super-responsive, i rode it dh, dj, fr, xc with them does it all, and weighs nothing

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 9:26 Quote
how the hell do u guys like hayes 9? they are the worst brakes I have ever ridden, all they do is brake down and have no power.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012902
Mobile Version of Website