Powered by Outside

I got scammed by COOPER ARNOLD.

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
I got scammed by COOPER ARNOLD.
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
HAHAHA thats my friend buddy, i saw all the things you sent him, you demanded $120 for the gas money and rebuild and you wanted $400 to switch the internals to boxxer WC+ he told you about the team internals in the email i saw and you just agreed.
ps. Your fork was a solo air not 2 step, so i guess your doing a bit of lieing yourself eh?

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
dirtjumper19 wrote:
HAHAHA thats my friend buddy, i saw all the things you sent him, you demanded $120 for the gas money and rebuild and you wanted $400 to switch the internals to boxxer WC+ he told you about the team internals in the email i saw and you just agreed.
ps. Your fork was a solo air not 2 step, so i guess your doing a bit of lieing yourself eh?

Wow smart guy, you should re-read what skunkworks posted, it was a Solo Air, not a Two step. Maybe you and your scamming little friend should get some balls, be a man and make things right.

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
ruff wrote:
dirtjumper19 wrote:

Wow smart guy, you should re-read what skunkworks posted, it was a Solo Air, not a Two step. Maybe you and your scamming little friend should get some balls, be a man and make things right.

You got told. hope this all works out for skunk!

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
that sucks so bad dude that kid is a twat

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
dirtjumper19 wrote:

The only "Team internals" that I was told and agreed to was the coil system put in place of the leaking Soloair.

I never got a Team either, and your buddy was lying, because this fork was, has and always was a Boxxer RACE. I know because I talked to the guy who OWNED IT BEFORE HIM and also the shop where he bought the fork and frame at. Matter of fact, both the shop and previous owner have informed Cooper that the fork is a Boxxer Race with World Cup lowers prior to him buying the fork and frameset for $600.

Because you can't read, I wanted $20 for gas, $100 for the rebuild he claimed he did but didn't because I had CALLED UP THE SHOP WHERE HE BROUGHT IT IN BUT DECLINED TO HAVE IT SERVICED and also because it was LEAKING FORK OIL. Your buddy knew very well that he fork was abused and needed service badly, yet told me it was "freshly rebuilt".

I never said the fork was a 2 Step. I told him that I typoed in my very FIRST e-mail and it was indeed a Coil when we met up, as I gave him the Speedlube kit.

I would NEVER sink as low as this kid and his family and go scamming people out of their hard-earned money.

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
dont you think that this thread shouldnt have been a 4 page arguement...its jjust a scam. go to the persons house with ur parents and get your stuff back. this isnt court, you cant sue anyone

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
If the parents or whoever don't ever pick up the phone and talk to you, they can't charge you with harrassment for calling them. They would have to actually tell you (I think more than once) to not ever call them again. And I don't know how well the abusive email from her would stand up to this in court, as there is no evidence of her writing it really. But who knows.

You should call a mediator and ask him for some legal advice, see if theres anything to be done about this. It shouldnt cost much, if anything, and it would probably teach this kid a lesson to have his parents sued. Or the beating he would hopefully get from them would. Also, maybe talk to his brother somehow and go that way?

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
freeriderconnor wrote:
dont you think that this thread shouldnt have been a 4 page arguement...its jjust a scam. go to the persons house with ur parents and get your stuff back. this isnt court, you cant sue anyone

Really??! Oh damn I thought I'd just read through 4 pages of legal papers. Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
what ever you do, dont say something that you will regret or is irivirsible*

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
Look at it this way.. you'll have forgotten about this in a year but this little brat will have to live with the name 'cooper arnold' for the rest of his life.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
1969 wrote:
Look at it this way.. you'll have forgotten about this in a year but this little brat will have to live with the name 'cooper arnold' for the rest of his life.

good point but he really should get his fork back at the least.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
As unfortunate as this situation is, most of you are not helping. In fact, you're probably making things worse.

Threats are taken very seriously. While I dont have the time or desire to send out fifty different warnings, be well aware that regardless of the circumstances, making threats on the forums to ANYONE is more than enough to get you removed.

Hope it all works out skunkworks!

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 11:14 Quote
A trade back wouldn't work cause:

A) I've spent a bunch of money getting the fork fixed up. Such as ACTUALLY getting real seals, oil and a cartridge rebuild done to it.
B) The Totem I traded you was brand new and never installed. I know that it's been used and installed already...
C) I'm not wasting any more time, money and effort to drive out to Chilliwack to retrade.
D) The rebound is certainly not internal. Those red knobs fall off easily but I trusted you that the fork was fine when you said it was "mint and freshly rebuilt". But I guess it was my bad for trusting fellow riders.

I was also misinformed of the Boxxer "World Cup" as well. It is in fact, a Boxxer Race that did NOT have new seals, "rebuilt" mission control cartridge, soloair to coil conversion, and fresh oil... Was wondering why you couldn't be truthful about the fork?

The only thing that I can see working is for:

A) A reimbursement of the money I spent to get the work that you claimed to have done. (eg. a full rebuild of fork with new oil and seals) $100
B) Gas money from the first time I went out of my way to drive out there (total of 2 hours driving time) which is actually my bad for forgetting so I'm not going to pin that on you. $20 or $40 if I have to drive out there again to settle this.
C) Most importantly, the cash value difference between a "coil World Cup" and the regular Boxxer Race which is what I actually got instead. $300-400

Let me know your thoughts and what you'd like to do. Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers, Kenneth

This is One of the messages He sent Cooper
THERE IS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY
what he doesnt say in this post is he DEMANDED $500 and cooper OFFERED! to trade back
but kenneth Denied!.

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
Just so you know, you probably have a legal case here. You should talk to a mediator and ask about it, and If it comes to legal action your emails can probably be verified for authenticity and used as evidence of a binding contract between you two which was violated by Cooper.

Also, if you decided to take this to small claims court, the testimony of the bike shop who knows that he knows exactly what he traded you would probably be another great peice of evidence. He would be liable for the cost of the forks he should have traded you or at least the value of a new pair of totems which you gave him. As well as any legal fees you might incur. At least this way you would get your money/property back, and teach this little scammer a lesson.

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
Is it me or is there an abundance of spoiled young douche bags on this site.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017904
Mobile Version of Website