Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Looking for local Rochester, NY riders

PB Forum :: USA - East
Looking for local Rochester, NY riders
Posted: Dec 3, 2011 at 20:25 Quote
At this point in time I decided its silly of me to drop 2k into a new bike setup. I am just going to tweak my cheapo Stout 29r to make it a more serious XC bike and I will rip that around instead. Should be plenty for Dryer Road and the other various trails. I have a 7" free ride and slalomish DJ bike for everything else.

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 14:37 Quote
hey im going to be back from school on saturday and plan on doing some riding but the only bike i have right now that is in working condition is my downhill bike do you guys know of any good hike a bike or shuttle trails in the rochester area even a good downhill section of a cross country trail would do

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 16:48 Quote
jdeb7 wrote:
hey im going to be back from school on saturday and plan on doing some riding but the only bike i have right now that is in working condition is my downhill bike do you guys know of any good hike a bike or shuttle trails in the rochester area even a good downhill section of a cross country trail would do

Your SOL bud lol. You can try Tryon and Dryer, Dryer has CMP and Humpty Dumpty which are like extremely short DHish runs. Tryon has some random features. What bike do you have?

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 18:14 Quote
an 09 bighit its fun but sucks when ever the trail goes up

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 18:48 Quote
Ocp has some good options

Stid hill is worth pushing the bike up the steep sections it has a 10 min run from the top by the abondon truck

The D.E.C. Trail in naples and hi tor also are worth checking out

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 19:38 Quote
Is Hi Tor opening to riding?

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 2:57 Quote
Some trails are hike only but you would not want to bike them anyway

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 7:34 Quote
is stid hill the one across from bristol i haven't been to any of them ill have to check them out

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 15:28 Quote
Yes the parking area is a few miles before bristol on the left if your going south. You should be able to find a trail map google stid hill multiple use area

Go all the way up to the abandon truck it's a long fun run, make sure not to miss the left for the switch backs

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 15:55 Quote
I only live 15 minutes from there and have never been. Im planning on building a new bike and perhaps Ill make Stid hill its christening run.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 17:09 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
I only live 15 minutes from there and have never been. Im planning on building a new bike and perhaps Ill make Stid hill its christening run.
You must check it out along with the dec trail in Naples there is a detailed map at the trail head in front of the dec building

You can do like a 15 mile loop with some moderate climbs, 35 mph fire roads, rooty single track ending with a long fast rooty rocky decent back to the parking area

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 17:13 Quote
jdeb7 wrote:
You should go to plattekill from victor it only took 3.5 hrs and the trails were in great condition

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 17:46 Quote
yea i havent ridden there yet but it looks sick where do you ride normally im from webster so im at tryon or west bay most of the time

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 19:56 Quote
davr wrote:
jdeb7 wrote:
You should go to plattekill from victor it only took 3.5 hrs and the trails were in great condition

Certainley closer than Mountain Creek / Diablo.

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 3:52 Quote
We mix it up dryer, ocp, westbay, stid, hi tor, whiting rd/ Webster park, Harriet hollister, Indian hill

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020966
Mobile Version of Website