Powered by Outside

ironhorse sunday fox 40 or boxxer

PB Forum :: Downhill
ironhorse sunday fox 40 or boxxer
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 7:32 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
umm no because there great forks. and i dont want a marzz and fox doesent make a cheap duel crown, so how bout you shut up you prick. and no i dont like sam hill. i don't really even follow racing. i like vanderham because hes the man, and i couldent tell you what fork he runs. i dont just buy shit to be cool. i buy it to function for me. and i like the feel of the team, so calm down you poser

Who the f*ck are you to call me a poser? Both are race forks. If you want something to "function" for you I recommend looking into a nice Marzocchi Drop Off. You obviously don't know anything, how could you not know who Vanderham rides for? Especially when he is your favorite rider. You don't even know why its a great FORK (not forks, there is only one on the bike. Not too). You don't even know how I ride or how well I do in races. Talk shit when you grow hair on your balls.

I am the poser?
photo

And your not?
photo

Dude, there is no need to be a dick. If you think having a good bike makes you cooler, or better than he is then your head is so far up your ass its ridiculous.

as for the "forks" or "fork" thing, I have heard company reps and mechanics ask what "forks" i have, so there is no need to flame him for that.

Okay, now I'll start with you. First, started with me. Why don't you read his post. He called me a prick. I don't start with people unless they start with me. Also, if anybody is a poser its him. He doesn't have any logical answer as to why a Boxxer is better than a 40. And about the forks thing. You have to be kidding me. Its a fork, not a fork. I can't put it any simpler than that. So take your head out of you ass and learn basic grammer.

And don't tell me I have my head up my ass.
bigquotesDude, there is no need to be a dick.

And if you have any reason as to why the Boxxer is better. Give me something better than,
[Quoten]umm no because there great forks. and i dont want a marzz and fox doesent make a cheap duel crown, so how bout you shut up you prick. and no i dont like sam hill. i don't really even follow racing. i like vanderham because hes the man, and i couldent tell you what fork he runs. i dont just buy shit to be cool. i buy it to function for me. and i like the feel of the team, so calm down you poser
[/Quoten]

He felt so stupid about his knowledge on forks, he got mad about it and started acting stupid with me. lol

END.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 7:48 Quote
Basic grammar.*

Sorry man, couldn't resist.

I still vote 40. Super sensitive, damn fine looking, very light, amazingly adjustable, and here's a thought, not many people run 40s on Sundays, so you'll be one of the few with that set up.

Dave Weagel had a 40 on his Sunday for a photoshoot with MBA. Considering he's a suspension god, and has no ties with either company, that's gotta say something.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 7:51 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Basic grammar.*

Sorry man, couldn't resist.

I still vote 40. Super sensitive, damn fine looking, very light, amazingly adjustable, and here's a thought, not many people run 40s on Sundays, so you'll be one of the few with that set up.

Dave Weagel had a 40 on his Sunday for a photoshoot with MBA. Considering he's a suspension god, and has no ties with either company, that's gotta say something.

HAHAHAHlol good reason^

my bad, I just woke up. Its still early for me. Ben Ried also has a 40rc2 on his sunday.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 7:53 Quote
Yeah, they're few and far between, but they look SO nice.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 7:54 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Yeah, they're few and far between, but they look SO nice.

TRUE. Are you running one?

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 8:03 Quote
A 40? Yeah, only the R model. And no, don't have a Sunday, but I damn well want one. On the other hand, I want to wait to see what DW's next thing is.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 8:10 Quote
STARWARS wrote:
FOX IS SUCKS!

MINE IS BOXXER - SAM HILL WON THE DH WORLD CUP ON HIS BOXXER FORK!

IMO you shouldn't get parts just because a pro rider has them. remember they get paid to use them.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
samthebiker wrote:
STARWARS wrote:
FOX IS SUCKS!

MINE IS BOXXER - SAM HILL WON THE DH WORLD CUP ON HIS BOXXER FORK!

IMO you shouldn't get parts just because a pro rider has them. remember they get paid to use them.

He said;

bigquotesFOX IS SUCKS!

As far as I care, that level of idiocy doesn't even deserve to be taken seriously.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
ok im done with you, but thats not my bike. i rode it in 8th grade, now i ride a kona coiler with a marzz sl ata rc2 so who are you to tell me to go buy a drop off. wtf. you clearly misread my post, i said that i was considering buting a boxxer team for me. not which is better. so you need to calm yourself Rolleyes

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
Ok I agree Fox 40 is the great fork Rolleyes

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
I had a boxxer on my Sunday...

The seals broke, and the lowers were cracking from one season of hard use.

All I can say is if you have the money to keep up a boxxer, then use it... it's great for racing, it's much more soft than the fox

Now I have an 08 fox 40 rc2... it's a thing of beauty.

So many more adjustments, i can make it just as plush as the boxxer, as well as make it nice and stiff for big drops, or riding uphill.

All in all, the fox looks much cooler than a boxxer (OPINION, NOBODY ROAST ME FOR SAYING THAT) and fox makes forks with a much broader range of adjustment so that you can use them for ANY type of riding you wish.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
Boxxer hands down, the internals in the 40's are junk, the stanctions and lowers are huge and arent needed to be that big. preformance wise the boxxer out does a 40. and trust me ive ridden and broke a 40 and i have yet to bust a boxxer

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 16:44 Quote
sunday747 wrote:
I had a boxxer on my Sunday...

The seals broke, and the lowers were cracking from one season of hard use.

All I can say is if you have the money to keep up a boxxer, then use it... it's great for racing, it's much more soft than the fox

Now I have an 08 fox 40 rc2... it's a thing of beauty.

So many more adjustments, i can make it just as plush as the boxxer, as well as make it nice and stiff for big drops, or riding uphill.

All in all, the fox looks much cooler than a boxxer (OPINION, NOBODY ROAST ME FOR SAYING THAT) and fox makes forks with a much broader range of adjustment so that you can use them for ANY type of riding you wish.

FYI the reason that the lowers cracked was because from 07 down the lowers got thicker near the bottom where the dropouts are, the 08's are now a straight line down the lowers making them stronger instead of thinner at the top and thicker at the bottom. imo boxxer beats out its bulky competition of the 40 .

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
Boxxer hands down, the internals in the 40's are junk, the stanctions and lowers are huge and arent needed to be that big. preformance wise the boxxer out does a 40. and trust me ive ridden and broke a 40 and i have yet to bust a boxxer

I am sorry but that is total bullshit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015514
Mobile Version of Website