Powered by Outside

do you ever ride without a helmet?

PB Forum :: Downhill
do you ever ride without a helmet?
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
i don't wear it to the DJs. like with the 5 mile commute to the djs, i just strap it to my camelbak. but i never jump without it.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
Well, if you crash and say crash into a tree or something and you are wearing a helmet, the helmet protects your head and you dont get brain damage or whatever, all you need is a new helmet.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
devonvig wrote:
I want one of those leather helmet that motorcyclists used to wear in the 1920s. Then, I can be stylish and protected.

I HAVE ONE... i think
also i dont wear it for street and i dont know why but i probally should but i wear it for anything else really

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
longride wrote:
I always wear my helmet. I've cracked 2 helmets in the last five years. If I wasn't wearing my helmet, I'd be exceptionally dead right now.
Right on bro!

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
longride wrote:
I always wear my helmet. I've cracked 2 helmets in the last five years. If I wasn't wearing my helmet, I'd be exceptionally dead right now.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
no. I always wear a helmet period.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
yeah me to even to ride down the street

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
i'll wear one when i get to the trails or the skatepark, always ride with one for dh just not worth it otherwise. used to get alot of parents buy their kids' first bike and when you ask what size helmet they require they same something like oh he'll not be going fast etc so we ended up inc helmets with new bikes

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
i wear a helmet all the time sept when im screwin around in my yard

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
allways i wear a helmet

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
while i was trying 360 at the skate park i fell right on my head and say funny colors and this is with a helmet on. if not it probably couldve been a concussion. it was kinda funny one of my fellow bmxerz was like holy shit if u wernt wearing a helmet ud be dead, stupid lessons like this teach you how important they realy are.

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
i always wear a helmet unless im just riding around the drive way making sure everything is working before a race, or if im going to reg.

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
i dont usually wear one... i wanna get a new one, luckily for me whenever i do seem to fall and hit my head i am wearing one (usually my friends full face)

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
[/Quote]the pavement will do you worse than dirt, hit your head in pile of dirt,ouch. hit your head on pavement, you wont be able to say ouch, or anything for that much![/Quote]

You'll have to wear a helmet for the rest of your life. By that I mean you will be "special".

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031414
Mobile Version of Website