Powered by Outside

The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
maybe im wrong but i dont hear much about shandro except with SGC and he can shred crazy hard for an old guy, haha

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 6:38 Quote
wade overrated????

when you can flow down a trail like water and do what he has in the sport you will be allowed your opinion.until then

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
jedi1 wrote:
wade overrated????

when you can flow down a trail like water and do what he has in the sport you will be allowed your opinion.until then

So you have to be better than the actual pro, in order to criticize them?

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
mikeyboy wrote:
jedi1 wrote:
wade overrated????

So you have to be better than the actual pro, in order to criticize them?

I think thats fair. At least to the extent of calling one over rated.

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:29 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
norcodj wrote:
gabodude wrote:
overrated? Kyle strait... turndowns and tables can only take you so far in my humble opinion.
I totally agree with that. Ever since that win at Rampage he has done almost nothing special in freeriding.

uhh sick double tailwhips on a sx trail??? and besides he focused on racing... rampage was good cuz it was at the end year so everyone can go all out
He said freeriding not slopestyle.

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
How bout just making this underrated? Who the hell are we to criticize some amazing riders?

Under appreciated: Dave Smutok, Lars Tribus, Bender, Zach Hensley

yea the more i think about it, you cant say than anyone is overrated... everyone has done something to progress the sport or has done something ridiculosly awesome... its jus people throw down and noone hears about it

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
How bout just making this underrated? Who the hell are we to criticize some amazing riders?

yea the more i think about it, you cant say than anyone is overrated... everyone has done something to progress the sport or has done something ridiculosly awesome... its jus people throw down and noone hears about it

I just think to call someone you've never met who's WAY better then you are overrated is some OBNOXIOUS and incredibly arrogant and short sighted bullshit. It's not like Kyle Strait is on your fantasy baseball team or you have money riding on him. This is a friendly sport with a good crew of super nice guys. Walk up to most of those guys at the hill and they won't mind if you follow them down some runs. Hell nine times out of ten you're all burning in someone's condo at the end of the day. This isn't the sport to criticize other rider's ability. It makes you look like an ass.

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:42 Quote
timo pritzl is underrated, well compared to john cowan who is quite the opposite.
robbie bourden is way overrated, agreed.
every big mountain rider is underrated. (who knows of any other current pro's making a living doing it?) mason mashon (spe?) who rides for brodie, and mike hopkins is underrated, evan shwartz is underrated too. oh yea, shaums march, jay hoots are also under rated.
Kinrade, romaniuk = way way overrated.

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:44 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

I just think to call someone you've never met who's WAY better then you are overrated is some OBNOXIOUS and incredibly arrogant and short sighted bullshit. It's not like Kyle Strait is on your fantasy baseball team or you have money riding on him. This is a friendly sport with a good crew of super nice guys. Walk up to most of those guys at the hill and they won't mind if you follow them down some runs. Hell nine times out of ten you're all burning in someone's condo at the end of the day. This isn't the sport to criticize other rider's ability. It makes you look like an ass.
my experiences have been quite the opposite. there are nice professionals and rude ass ones too. thats life. oh well

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:45 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

or you look like an ass by tryin be a hippie on here... "cant we all get along nonsense" if you dont like what the thread is stay out of it... if u read right i jus said that you cant say someone is overrated and i never said anyone was... so y dont u just run along now...

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:46 Quote
makripper wrote:
timo pritzl is underrated, well compared to john cowan who is quite the opposite.
every big mountain rider is underrated. (who knows of any other current pro's making a living doing it?) mason mashon (spe?) who rides for brodie, and mike hopkins is underrated, evan shwartz is underrated too. oh yea, shaums march, jay hoots are also under rated.

but y do u think romo and kinrade are overrated?

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:46 Quote
makripper wrote:

"every big mountain rider in underrated" Yet according to you Bourdon, Kinrade, and Romaniuk pretty much the kings of big mountain these days are overrated? Make up your damn mind you hypocrite.

I hate this bullshit. You people criticizing these guy don't know jack shit.

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
makripper wrote:

"every big mountain rider in underrated" Yet according to you Bourdon, Kinrade, and Romaniuk pretty much the kings of big mountain these days are overrated? Make up your damn mind you hypocrite.

I hate this bullshit. You people criticizing these guy don't know jack shit.

ka derka der... stay out of my threads

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
or you look like an ass by tryin be a hippie on here... "cant we all get along nonsense" if you dont like what the thread is stay out of it... if u read right i jus said that you cant say someone is overrated and i never said anyone was... so y dont u just run along now...

Yeah. I read right. That's why I agreed with you. Is your reading comprehension a little weak?

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:

Yeah. I read right. That's why I agreed with you. Is your reading comprehension a little weak?
you quoted me and then put it makes you looks like an ass... but get back on topic

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011618
Mobile Version of Website