Powered by Outside

fox 40s or rockshox boxxer?

PB Forum :: Downhill
fox 40s or rockshox boxxer?
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
ride66 wrote:
young-gun wrote:
Im not impressed

Ah c'mon, when you'll buy your bike, I'll give you respect. Can't figure a 12 years bitching people on forums and not even working to pay his bike. Don't fool me, first, it's illegal at your age. Second, the 20$ per week given by you parents will takes you years to buy a decent 3000 bike!
i work for my dad.... should i be arrestedCop

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 22:36 Quote
ride66 wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:
Is this what you're talking about?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://common.csnstores.com/common/products/IJ/IJ1164_l.jpg

Haha your making my day Smile Good call

I do my best Salute haha

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
ride66 wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:
Is this what you're talking about?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://common.csnstores.com/common/products/IJ/IJ1164_l.jpg

Haha your making my day Smile Good call

I do my best Salute haha
your jealous cause you learned at age 10

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
young-gun wrote:
I work for my dad.... should i be arrestedCop

Reminds me to never go to your bike shop, else my bike will probably be wrenched with Imperial tools instead of metrics!

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 22:40 Quote
You'd probably get your bike back and it's a Huffy thats duct taped together because he stole the nice bike to do his 9 foot rock drop

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
ride66 wrote:
young-gun wrote:
I work for my dad.... should i be arrestedCop

Reminds me to never go to your bike shop, else my bike will probably be wrenched with Imperial tools instead of metrics!
you belive the have me working on bikes.... try helping people and cleaning

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
You'd probably get your bike back and it's a Huffy thats duct taped together because he stole the nice bike to do his 9 foot rock drop
damn how did you know.......... FFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 22:43 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:

I'm not worrying about my bike, it's an old one not intended to do drops:P

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
wow this battle continues....... lmao.

eh, if you want a fork, then get it, they're right though you prolly. don't need a fox 40 or a boxxer, bet hey, half the people on Pb don't need a good fork cause they'll never reach the point where it's there equipment holding them back ( easyer to say " i need a new fork " than " wow I should really work hard at being a better biker " ) but if you can get a "good" fork, i'd do it... that being said I'd not reccomend the 40... mine sucked. but you'd have the ability to grow into your fork... get a 888 or a boxer, i can't say enough bad things regarding fox.

truthfully though, a smaller fork like a 66, would be easyer for you to toss around and be less work, and if you decided in the future that you wanted a doual crown then you could alway's sell the 40, ( or whatever ) and upgrade, when it's more suited to your weight and size.

hope this help's... Keep up the "Fight" with the other's ...it's quite entertaining.

tup

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 18:01 Quote
look, you being relatively light will not blow through travel as much a have 40's as awesome as they are the boxxers are most likley to perform better for you

FL
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 1:56 Quote
i wouldnt say either is better than the other, its just the way you ride i guess and the way you want your bike to feel, the 40s are lighter and stiffer BUT more expensive, the boxxers on the other hand are a small bit heavier cheaper and have a bit of flex in them. on a limited budjet id go for the boxxers because theyre cheaper but if i had the money id buy the 40s

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
young-gun wrote:
ride66 wrote:
young-gun wrote:
Im not impressed

Ah c'mon, when you'll buy your bike, I'll give you respect. Can't figure a 12 years bitching people on forums and not even working to pay his bike. Don't fool me, first, it's illegal at your age. Second, the 20$ per week given by you parents will takes you years to buy a decent 3000 bike!

actually your dad's business can get a pretty serious fine. I would know my Dad's a small business owner and in order to i>legally/i> work for him I'd have to go to a state court room in front of a judge and plead my case about how I should be able to work for him and then I would have to ask my principle or other school authority if I could work

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
cheezits206 wrote:
young-gun wrote:
ride66 wrote:

actually your dad's business can get a pretty serious fine. I would know my Dad's a small business owner and in order to i>legally/i> work for him I'd have to go to a state court room in front of a judge and plead my case about how I should be able to work for him and then I would have to ask my principle or other school authority if I could work

it's called "working under the table". his dad could just give him money himself and not pay with the shops money or he could and probably be fine. im sure that no one really cares what goes on as far as paying employees goes in bike shops

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
epicbiker wrote:
cheezits206 wrote:
young-gun wrote:

it's called "working under the table". his dad could just give him money himself and not pay with the shops money or he could and probably be fine. im sure that no one really cares what goes on as far as paying employees goes in bike shops

agreed

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
gibson243 wrote:
epicbiker wrote:
cheezits206 wrote:

agreed

I know that. How do think I get paid?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013643
Mobile Version of Website