PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2009 Marzocchi 66/888 decals
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
nishnash wrote:
yeh that and the chrome ones were the best

agreed

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
nishnash wrote:
yep i agreee, does anyone remebmer the ones that looked like carbon fiber?

my fork has those (07 all mountain sl1)

edit: i dont really care about looks that much though

FL
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
angus05 wrote:
who cares

i mean if you were offered this fork for free, you wouldnt say no because of the stickers. also who here has ridden them and can actually say they ride badly?

me

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
i think the 07 decals were best with the 888 or 66 on the outside

FL
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 13:33 Quote
i think the 06's looked the best and performed the best

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 13:35 Quote
i love my new z1 light (06 model but brand new)

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
angus05 wrote:
who cares

i mean if you were offered this fork for free, you wouldnt say no because of the stickers. also who here has ridden them and can actually say they ride badly?

Your missing the point. You and I know Marzocchi isn't just going to hand out free forks. People care because their hard earned money is being put towards something they won't like.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
trekrules wrote:
didn't expected the decals on the 2009 marzocchi's to be so hidious,The 2008 forks head better decals than these new ones.It's a shame they didn't hold to the origionel decals on like the 2007 forks(those where bad ass).These 2009 forks looks so f*cked up with these decalsFrown .

Are you guys kidding me? A bike is meant to be ridden, and if the look bothers you that bad, I don't think that you should be riding. Try designing womens clothes.

Your an idiot also. How could you not care what your bike looks like. You should show some pride in what you ride. Looks do play a lot.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
i think the 06's looked the best and performed the best

my 06 888s are amazingly plush with sexy chrome decaLS LOL

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
trekrules wrote:
didn't expected the decals on the 2009 marzocchi's to be so hidious,The 2008 forks head better decals than these new ones.It's a shame they didn't hold to the origionel decals on like the 2007 forks(those where bad ass).These 2009 forks looks so f*cked up with these decalsFrown .

Are you guys kidding me? A bike is meant to be ridden, and if the look bothers you that bad, I don't think that you should be riding. Try designing womens clothes.

Your an idiot also. How could you not care what your bike looks like. You should show some pride in what you ride. Looks do play a lot.

This is the exact mentality that takes all the fun out of riding. Pride shouldn't come from how your bike looks....that's very far from intelligent. My pride comes from the fun I have while riding.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
i agree, i like sick looking bike but im not so shallow that i say no to a bike or a part because it looks kinda bad (eg, this years sx trail 1 or the marzos shown in this thread) ide still buy it. i have certain standards like there is a point wre i wil just say no because its super ugly (cant even think of a part that ugly although i can think of people....). so yeh if you are that concerned take of the decals and save like a gram in weight

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:

This is the exact mentality that takes all the fun out of riding. Pride shouldn't come from how your bike looks....that's very far from intelligent. My pride comes from the fun I have while riding.

That doesn't take the fun out of riding at all. What is wrong with having something worth looking at? I never said having good looking parts have to sacrifice performance. I think hard earned money should be bought into both. Why buy something that looks like shit but has good performance when you can buy something that looks good and has great performance as well. I don't know about you but I'd take the second choice. You can still have a good time on the trails riding something other than a piece of trash.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
lets just say this as a general rule, most things worth buying look the part

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 22:20 Quote
those graphics look ill, dont know why u guys are hating. dont hate the players, hate the game. but seriously, they look like layered graffiti, its ballin'.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 0:20 Quote
i have a pair of this years 55s, they are shocking, they feel good but they are soo unreliable, i destroyed the rebound cartridge riding accross a rock garden, they have been back four times now....

anyways i found this.... and yes i know its not in english....

http://www.mtbtr.com/haber/haber.asp?kayitno=1652

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013299
Mobile Version of Website