Powered by Outside

Ns suburban or Dobermann pinscher?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Ns suburban or Dobermann pinscher?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
i like the thought of both of them like everyone has a different oppinion i personaly would buy a blk mkt mob, but when it comes down to those three frames all will feel farely similer,so i would take whichever one is cheapest if that doesnt sound faggish

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 21:59 Quote
recklessness wrote:
I own a Dobermann Pinscher and my buddy has the NS Suburban so I am in a very good position to run my mouth right now. It will depend a bit on the parts that go on the frame, how much you spend and what you really want out of the bike but.......If you plan to do mostly street riding, you will find the NS Suburban is the lighter bike of the two. You will find it about a pound or 2 less when you build it up. But, at the same time, the Dobermann will definitely be the tougher frame out of the two. I have heard of a few people breaking NS frames (including the dude above ^^). As far as looks, the Dobermann has way more color choices (including custom colors and glow-in-the-dark), whereas NS has a rather shitty palette of colors to chose from i.e. White, Balck (which will be impossible to find), Ugly yellow, and Ugly Purple. My buddy's NS is the better street bike and my Dob is more at home on the Dirt, but that's also how we built up the bikes. I'm not trying to make up your mind, just help you make an educated decision. If you are buying your parts new, be prepared to spend at least $3000 or you're going to have a shitty (or used) bike. I've got a pic of my rig on my profile and my buddy put up pics of his white Suburban on here yesterday. Good luck dude!!

3 points i got, 1, how will it be a pound or 2 more? the frame is .3 pounds more then the suburban, basically teh same weight. and 2, the dobermann is WAYYY better for street than teh NS, the pinscher was made for street riding and park, as the suburban was more for street, park, and DJing. and lastly, i built up my bike quite well for 1600$. strong parts and its 29 pounds

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 9:51 Quote
cegik wrote:
recklessness wrote:
I own a Dobermann Pinscher and my buddy has the NS Suburban so I am in a very good position to run my mouth right now. It will depend a bit on the parts that go on the frame, how much you spend and what you really want out of the bike but.......If you plan to do mostly street riding, you will find the NS Suburban is the lighter bike of the two. You will find it about a pound or 2 less when you build it up. But, at the same time, the Dobermann will definitely be the tougher frame out of the two. I have heard of a few people breaking NS frames (including the dude above ^^). As far as looks, the Dobermann has way more color choices (including custom colors and glow-in-the-dark), whereas NS has a rather shitty palette of colors to chose from i.e. White, Balck (which will be impossible to find), Ugly yellow, and Ugly Purple. My buddy's NS is the better street bike and my Dob is more at home on the Dirt, but that's also how we built up the bikes. I'm not trying to make up your mind, just help you make an educated decision. If you are buying your parts new, be prepared to spend at least $3000 or you're going to have a shitty (or used) bike. I've got a pic of my rig on my profile and my buddy put up pics of his white Suburban on here yesterday. Good luck dude!!

3 points i got, 1, how will it be a pound or 2 more? the frame is .3 pounds more then the suburban, basically teh same weight. and 2, the dobermann is WAYYY better for street than teh NS, the pinscher was made for street riding and park, as the suburban was more for street, park, and DJing. and lastly, i built up my bike quite well for 1600$. strong parts and its 29 pounds

My bike ended up a pound or 2 heavier because I built it a bit beefier (thusly why I said "depending on the parts you put on it). Also, I may be no detective, but I checked your profile and you got the parts kit from Transition and sold whatever you didn't want to buy new shit. So, if you want to save a few dollars you could swing a parts kit, but then you have to go to the effort of selling all the shitty shit and buying new shit (just to save a few dollars). Love wasting time? So as for your $1600 price tag, that's kinda bullshit, because you had to sell a bunch of garbage to keep it that cheap. And inevitably, your bike looks cheap and is built much differently then mine (apples and oranges). You can build cheap bikes, but they will look cheap. This is one of those cases where you really get what you pay for. You can have a welfare NS or DOB, or you can spend a few dollars and have a bike that turns heads. Gold covered in shit still smells like shit. Do you want to smell like shit?

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
recklessness wrote:
cegik wrote:
recklessness wrote:

My bike ended up a pound or 2 heavier because I built it a bit beefier (thusly why I said "depending on the parts you put on it). Also, I may be no detective, but I checked your profile and you got the parts kit from Transition and sold whatever you didn't want to buy new shit. So, if you want to save a few dollars you could swing a parts kit, but then you have to go to the effort of selling all the shitty shit and buying new shit (just to save a few dollars). Love wasting time? So as for your $1600 price tag, that's kinda bullshit, because you had to sell a bunch of garbage to keep it that cheap. And inevitably, your bike looks cheap and is built much differently then mine (apples and oranges). You can build cheap bikes, but they will look cheap. This is one of those cases where you really get what you pay for. You can have a welfare NS or DOB, or you can spend a few dollars and have a bike that turns heads. Gold covered in shit still smells like shit. Do you want to smell like shit?

eh you kinda got me there, but one thing, only half the parts on the transition buildkit and the only reason im sellin some of the parts is because my friend just sold me some really nice parts for really cheap

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
cegik wrote:
recklessness wrote:
cegik wrote:

eh you kinda got me there, but one thing, only half the parts on the transition buildkit and the only reason im sellin some of the parts is because my friend just sold me some really nice parts for really cheap

It's cool man, you still have a very nice bike. Sorry I was such an a*shole about it, but quite frankly I'm an a*shole. Not everybody wants to waste money like I do. By all means, get deals. I just tried to impart the little bit of knowledge I have based on my experiences. I have ridden both bikes today and they were made for different purposes, but are both awesome. We're all here for the same reason. Keep it rubber side down dude.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
genetic420 wrote:
savagepaul wrote:
photo

is that your friends if it is how does it ride and is it light?

Yes that is my buddy's NS and it weighs in at 26.5 lbs. Any questions, just ask.
does i spin fast and is there mutch barspin clearance? adn how much did it cost to build!>?

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 22:00 Quote
hey recklessness u say u have a dobermann how r they for street and dirtjump like is it worth the money cause im haven the same problem as the person starting this thread and from wat i read u sound like u kno wat ur talkin bout

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 22:13 Quote
i got my ns like 3 weeks ago, it is so stable in the air, super light and the headtube angle is great. u also have the option of using brake line tabs on the new one for those brakeless and super clean bikes.

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 7:30 Quote
streetmtber wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
rockymountianflow wrote:
dobermanns are deffiantly better then ns.
they spin faster.
they arnt as light though.
strounger than a sub.
ride perfect with 24s and 26.
dob also has great warrenty.
dob does custom work

they spin faster? lol, hows that?

theyre definately stronger but the ns has similar but better geo imo (both are what frames should be like though). The Main reason i think the ns is better is the fact they're wheel size specific. any 24/26 frame is gonna have to be a comprimise between the 2 sizes which isnt a good thing. Ns comes with a 1year crash replacement which isnt bad and its also pretty cheap and easy to get hold of.
both good but the sub 24 is my choice

You are wrong on the compromise between wheel sizes. The chainstays run from 13.9 to just over 15.5" and you can run the 26" wheel all the way down to 14.25 with a k-rad which is plenty short and you can obviously run either wheel size further back in the dropout. Not to mention, 24" wheels are pretty obsolete here in North America(compared to Europe) and with 26" wheels this bike is a machine. Without a doubt the Dobermann waranty beats the NS waranty.
you can run the 24 inch frame with 26inch wheels ice seen alot of them done like that cause itsa tiny bit lighter shoter stays and tt

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 7:46 Quote
dirtjumpfreak wrote:
hey recklessness u say u have a dobermann how r they for street and dirtjump like is it worth the money cause im haven the same problem as the person starting this thread and from wat i read u sound like u kno wat ur talkin bout

Sorry I'm slow on this one.... My Dob feels absolutely perfect on dirt and street. Feels perfect in the air, has a wonderful balance point. No problems with durability, Dob frames are tough as nails. My beef with the NS is that it only comes in 4 or 5 colours, most of which are ugly (check the yellow). Order your frame from Dob and you can get custom colours!! Depending on where you're from, you may have troubles finding the NS. My buddy had a bit of a wait for his and he wasn't even able to get black (even with a bit of string-pulling). Dob's are everywhere here in Canada. In all fairness I think the NS frame is a hair lighter, but nothing worth crying about once the bike is built. Even just attention to detail (laser cutting and such), I think the Dob looks much better. My humble opinion is go with the Dob. Hope that helped.

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
recklessness wrote:
dirtjumpfreak wrote:

Sorry I'm slow on this one.... My Dob feels absolutely perfect on dirt and street. Feels perfect in the air, has a wonderful balance point. No problems with durability, Dob frames are tough as nails. My beef with the NS is that it only comes in 4 or 5 colours, most of which are ugly (check the yellow). Order your frame from Dob and you can get custom colours!! Depending on where you're from, you may have troubles finding the NS. My buddy had a bit of a wait for his and he wasn't even able to get black (even with a bit of string-pulling). Dob's are everywhere here in Canada. In all fairness I think the NS frame is a hair lighter, but nothing worth crying about once the bike is built. Even just attention to detail (laser cutting and such), I think the Dob looks much better. My humble opinion is go with the Dob. Hope that helped.
k thanks ya the closes retailer for the ns is out it quebecConfused i i live in bc and the closest dob retailer is just like a copuple hours drive and the ns dont sound like there that much diff in wheigh as compared to strengh id rather have a half pound heaver bike and kno its gunna last years to come lol well thanks alot man(not being sarcastic)

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
dirtjumpfreak wrote:
recklessness wrote:
dirtjumpfreak wrote:

k thanks ya the closes retailer for the ns is out it quebecConfused i i live in bc and the closest dob retailer is just like a copuple hours drive and the ns dont sound like there that much diff in wheigh as compared to strengh id rather have a half pound heaver bike and kno its gunna last years to come lol well thanks alot man(not being sarcastic)

Cheers dude. Glad I could help. Enjoy your Dob, and keep it light!! Any other questions, just ask.

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 21:44 Quote
my dob should be fairly light they are 5.5lbs stock i upgraded to the super therm double butted tubing which will save some weight and i had him take out the extra material they just kinda leave when making the "breather" holes for the welding gas to move out of, and i also go the machined bb so it should cut some weight down while still making it strong!

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 5:05 Quote
rolln26s wrote:
my dob should be fairly light they are 5.5lbs stock i upgraded to the super therm double butted tubing which will save some weight and i had him take out the extra material they just kinda leave when making the "breather" holes for the welding gas to move out of, and i also go the machined bb so it should cut some weight down while still making it strong!

Well done!! Please put up some pics when she's built.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024517
Mobile Version of Website