Powered by Outside

Dmr drone reptoid owners thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dmr drone reptoid owners thread
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
pierpoint33 wrote:
I am loving my reptoid now, just built a set of trails and its so smooth. The standard forks arent the best, especially if your going to be doing stair sets aswell with them.

Can you put a quick realease spindle through te standard front hub, because the allen key bolts are terrible they keep coming loose.

yea, ermmm i took my bike to a bike shop, and got a new bolt axle, coz i snapped my other one, (the one that came on the bike) but yea, if you want qr, then you have to get a new hub, coz dmr dont do qr on there hubs, just get bolt better then allen key. much better..
its cost me 9 quid for the front, and 18 quid for a new back axle, - i bent it. and it was grinding my hub at the back causing it to move when i ride.

comment on my bike?

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
E709535 wrote:
pierpoint33 wrote:
I am loving my reptoid now, just built a set of trails and its so smooth. The standard forks arent the best, especially if your going to be doing stair sets aswell with them.

Can you put a quick realease spindle through te standard front hub, because the allen key bolts are terrible they keep coming loose.

yea, ermmm i took my bike to a bike shop, and got a new bolt axle, coz i snapped my other one, (the one that came on the bike) but yea, if you want qr, then you have to get a new hub, coz dmr dont do qr on there hubs, just get bolt better then allen key. much better..
its cost me 9 quid for the front, and 18 quid for a new back axle, - i bent it. and it was grinding my hub at the back causing it to move when i ride.

comment on my bike?

Okay thanx i'll try that and okay.

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 7:21 Quote
pierpoint33 wrote:
E709535 wrote:
pierpoint33 wrote:

comment on my bike?

Okay thanx i'll try that and okay.
It's pretty easy to change the spindle to a QR one. just undo the cones and stuff and put the new ones in with new grease and bearings. just make sure you do it up tight. I'm 14 and i did it myself so i thing doing that makes it pretty easy!

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 7:24 Quote
My Reptoid. Pretty much custom now though! Pretty heavy when first bought and still a bit heavy now. Overall a heavy bike. Practically bombproof though.

photo

Anybody wanting to buy my frame though offer for it because i'm getting a new frame soon Smile .

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 7:30 Quote
<Photo does not exist: 4760876>

heres mine, ive been modding it over the winter so i can learn on a more personal set up.

got rid of the bars and stem, too heavy, and the seat, too big, and ive just got some new 24" wheels on the way, a dmr pro rear and 24 seven supercross front. so far mods are, DMR winbars alloy, hookworms, odi grips, Eclat saddle, odyssey pedals and a hope mini mono rear brake.

is a heavy bike, but i like it!

some pics then!

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 7:56 Quote
connor-H wrote:
<Photo does not exist: 4760876>

heres mine, ive been modding it over the winter so i can learn on a more personal set up.

got rid of the bars and stem, too heavy, and the seat, too big, and ive just got some new 24" wheels on the way, a dmr pro rear and 24 seven supercross front. so far mods are, DMR winbars alloy, hookworms, odi grips, Eclat saddle, odyssey pedals and a hope mini mono rear brake.

is a heavy bike, but i like it!

some pics then!
aint too keen on the bars and stem and tyres but part from that pritty good, get smaller gearing Big Grin , and if u are putting 24s on a 26 frame then u gotta be prepared for ya pedals dragging on the floor when u go round a corner Wink

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 8:02 Quote
its a 24" compatible frame..

and i got the stem and bars for 8 quid nearly new, so no complaints. il get a nice stem when i get more £££ .

and the tires are shit, peform well but the looks/weight/size speak for their self.

im just trying to lighten it up, im just off getting some tricks because of the wheel size and weight, im only 5'9 so 24" would be beneficial y0!

oh yeah new wheel has 12t cog so micro gearing is also on its way.

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 8:15 Quote
connor-H wrote:

and i got the stem and bars for 8 quid nearly new, so no complaints. il get a nice stem when i get more £££ .

and the tires are shit, peform well but the looks/weight/size speak for their self.

im just trying to lighten it up, im just off getting some tricks because of the wheel size and weight, im only 5'9 so 24" would be beneficial y0!

sounds good spose when ya say them bars were 8 quid i would rarther hav em then wingbars Smile while im here this was my reptoid till i went bmx
photo
and reli old pic oldskool brakeless lol
photo

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 8:18 Quote
love those deity bars, was close to getting some but they went up beyond my price range ^_^ , ill probably get black bars&stem as soon as a i can, at the moment its performance over aesthetics...just Smile

what gearing was you running?

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 8:36 Quote
connor-H wrote:

every frame is 24" compatible, but not 24" specific. 24's will ruin the geo. your chainstays will be too long, bb height too low. the only way i could think of to counteract your cranks hitting the ground (which they probably will) is getting 2.4 inch tyres and 165 - 170mm cranks.

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 8:43 Quote
well the reptoid comes in both 24 and 26" and the only difference is the wheel size, so i think it will be alright. and the cranks are already between that size, i think theyre 160 maybe, i have measured but cant remember lol.

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 8:46 Quote
connor-H wrote:
well the reptoid comes in both 24 and 26" and the only difference is the wheel size, so i think it will be alright. and the cranks are already between that size, i think theyre 160 maybe, i have measured but cant remember lol.
hmmmmm unlikely. the frames will have completely different geometry as one is 26" specific and the other 24" therefore they will be far from the same.

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 9:07 Quote
has anyone on here got the 2010 dmr drone reptoid yet? .. im getting one soon and i wanted to know how good they were Smile

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 9:23 Quote
MiniMadness09 wrote:
has anyone on here got the 2010 dmr drone reptoid yet? .. im getting one soon and i wanted to know how good they were Smile
if weight is a factor in your choice i wouldnt go for it, on the other hand if your not a weight weenie and want a bike that can take a beating im sure it would do the job. also pretty gd colour schemes, descent setup and reasonably priced.

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 9:35 Quote
paddyeire55 wrote:
MiniMadness09 wrote:
if weight is a factor in your choice i wouldnt go for it, on the other hand if your not a weight weenie and want a bike that can take a beating im sure it would do the job. also pretty gd colour schemes, descent setup and reasonably priced.

ok thanks man. im not a weight weenie but im only a small kid :L .. i think it will last a long time though so i think that im gonna go for it Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.963340
Mobile Version of Website