Powered by Outside

The Chumba thread!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The Chumba thread!
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
Does it need 135x12 cause of the floater?

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
Ahhhh gotcha, it's 135 x 12 and Mavic only offers 135 x 10

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
Ya 135 x 12 but ya i like the 2350's also but the dee max is definitly a stronger wheel and if it had been possible i would be running it for sure.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
I have noticed something horribly, horribly wrong with my floating brake. Whenever I use my rear brake, the entire floating assembly twists and flexes. This warps my rotor by about 0.5cm. Not only that, but the bracket that mounts the caliper touches the bolts holding the rotor in place. AND, there are score marks in the rotor from various parts rubbing against it. That brake is realllllyyyyyy making me nervous. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to fix it. I'm scared I might ruin my rear brake...

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
You have to be sure that your pads are initiating at the same time. It's very important to keep the brake dialed in and tuned or you will get some noise and vibration with possible flex. We are playing with new parts currently such as the new bearing system that will improve the F5 all around. Thanks and you can always call here and ask for Matthew in Customer Service for any performance or tuning related question.

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 6:14 Quote
Make sure the bolts are tight on your dog bone and the brake is really centered and dialed in. If you want to call in Monday 714.986.9100 we're going over our fleet for Interbike so I'll bring up your issues and go over how we tuned the bikes before to dial them in. Are you running one of our new cartridge bearing systems or the regular bushing kit? The Bushing set up wears a bit quickly if you are launching airs such as the picture that started this thread. That can affect the whole swing arm. If you shoot me an email PM I'll shoot you some pictures of the new system. Lars rode it to Silver at the WC Masters and we've found it really tightens up the rear end. Life span is yet to be determined, but we anticipate it to be significantly longer than the current bushing system. We always want our products to perform at the highest level maximizing your performance are experience so hit me up if you want pics and call in Monday 8:30-4:00PM for tech. support though I'm always pretty much here handling our international clients. Thanks...

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 6:18 Quote
In addition, some of the guys are going to a solid brake mount to suit there riding style so there are plenty of options to get you dialed in.

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 8:26 Quote
I have made(and still improving)a few floating mounts with a mono ball bearing pressed into the mount, then I have the conneclevises at the end of the rod were it conects to the brake mount. This has created a double shear conection at the floating mount. I and few other chumba rides have noticed very little vibration and brake mount "chatter" after this setup.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
Thanks! I spent some time last night centering my caliper. The flex is still there, but has been minimized. I'm using the stock bushing equipped floater arm.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 23:31 Quote
Never knew there was a CHumba thread... Here's my F5... Amazing bike. Corners like no other!!!

Here are some pics... No real action shots as of yet... But these might suffice for the next week? XD
photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3173/2809942915_57c6d50371_b.jpg

This photo is by Jerott King
photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083/2834113561_7c8d582234_b.jpg
photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3247/2810410452_8717398d4d_b.jpg
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/2445/pbpic2445713.jpg

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
Here's my F5 finallay complete and ready for proventials this weekend! Chek the bikes out at chumbaracing.com
photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
nice rig Konakid... how do you like that RocoAir in the rear?

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 9:46 Quote
Unbaleivably resonsive! You don't get that unwanted rebond caused by a coil, and it's super adjustable too.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
kona-kid wrote:
Unbaleivably resonsive! You don't get that unwanted rebond caused by a coil, and it's super adjustable too.

Yea, i've been considering air as well. But i like the feel of the coil... The ISX6 has been high on my list should i go air. Does it stiffen up from long dh runs from the air heating up?

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
tms35 wrote:
I have made(and still improving)a few floating mounts with a mono ball bearing pressed into the mount, then I have the conneclevises at the end of the rod were it conects to the brake mount. This has created a double shear conection at the floating mount. I and few other chumba rides have noticed very little vibration and brake mount "chatter" after this setup.

Could you post some photos of this system? Your description is far to technical for my feeble mind

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018783
Mobile Version of Website