Powered by Outside

Worst rider etiquette ever

PB Forum :: Downhill
Worst rider etiquette ever
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
I pass people all the time at whistler on diamond runs and never gave it much thought anyone have any horror stories about being passed or passing someone. I have jumped over many a person, almost locked bars but never actually fully ran into someone.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
its really odd, i like the runs on whistler that no body rides, b-line, karate monkey, ho chi min, heart of darkness, golden triangle. cant wait to shred grabo on my new dually though!, oh and iherby revoke all bad things i have said about whistler, and replace them with i hate whistler on my hardtail, but its a sick place.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
squamishturtle wrote:

yea it is annoying at whistler when your stuck behind people like that but im guessing it was either on a blue run or a-line and we should all know that those trails are gonna have tons of newbs on them, lets be honest it is fun to rip up blue runs but we should be sticking to the diamond runs and garbo and stuff. as for this video its not them passing the guys that pisses me off as much as the fact that they think they are the shit and at one point im pretty sure the guy purposely sprayed a guy on the side with gravel
it was with a camp, so we had to warm up on crank it up, and i don't mind slow people, it's just when they take up the whole trail and don't let you pass even when they know you are there.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
The sad thing is that actually looked fun its just jerks like them that ruin it for the rest of us.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
nishnash wrote:
its really odd, i like the runs on whistler that no body rides, b-line, karate monkey, ho chi min, heart of darkness, golden triangle. cant wait to shred grabo on my new dually though!, oh and iherby revoke all bad things i have said about whistler, and replace them with i hate whistler on my hardtail, but its a sick place.

ninja cougar - karate monkey - b-line - ho chi min - heart of darkness is a super fun blue run for the end of the day

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
didnt get to ride ninja cougar, but i saw a vid of it, looks sik

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
I second that... I have been stuck behind some slow pokes but there is NO excuse for that. If that was me getting "stuffed" a la Chad Reed style, when I got to the bottom, that dude would get a pounding!! On a trail that tight and with that much exposure he's lucky he didn't kill someone. That was a pretty sick trail though..
azonicflyer wrote:
nighthucker wrote:
That was a sick vid........thanks for posting to bad there were all of thos slow riders in front of them or else they would have destroyed that course. Nice passes on the trail though props!
what is wrong with you.....props... are you kidding

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 10:55 Quote
Apparently the guy in front is the team manager for Ayton Giant. Nice company representative. Rolleyes

Part of riding at a lift assist park is dealing with the traffic and being as considerate as you can to others. It is up to everyone to be an ambassador of this sport everywhere with everyone. If you want a private trail then you have to earn it. Spend 2-3 hours on a big climb, chill on a nice overlook at the top, adjust your headset, then bomb the descent. That's what riding is really about.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 11:00 Quote
juleous wrote:
I pass people all the time at whistler on diamond runs and never gave it much thought anyone have any horror stories about being passed or passing someone. I have jumped over many a person, almost locked bars but never actually fully ran into someone.
haha, I once jumped over someone going down aline... right after the turn to crabapple hits, i yelled at him for a good minute before i thought... f*ck this guy..... pumped the whoops before the stump jump, then went for it, I have never been so scared in my life, the stump shot me straight up, over him, i guess he landed and slammed on the brakes, cuz i looked down and saw him under me but nothing happened. I did feel like a total a*shole, but im sure we both learned our lesson for the day, move if someone is trying to pass, and be a little more patient with slower riders.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
DHbiker225 wrote:
juleous wrote:
haha, I once jumped over someone going down aline... right after the turn to crabapple hits, i yelled at him for a good minute before i thought... f*ck this guy..... pumped the whoops before the stump jump, then went for it, I have never been so scared in my life, the stump shot me straight up, over him, i guess he landed and slammed on the brakes, cuz i looked down and saw him under me but nothing happened. I did feel like a total a*shole, but im sure we both learned our lesson for the day, move if someone is trying to pass, and be a little more patient with slower riders.
id be scared shitless even jumping somebody whos standing still never mind moving but i guess wistler is fast and you guys are good

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
are you surprised? ... they are french?! Ever seen them drive? 2 cents

They think they are hot shit when in fact they are cold turds.

I love the high five at the end! "High five we are total dicks!"

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 11:14 Quote
what do you expect with such a small trail and like a million people? this is obviously a tourist attraction, and it does look like a fun rip if you hit it on an off day.

unless you're talking about slashing and drifting every berm, then they are a*sholes. but you get a lot of idiots of a-line during the weekeneds

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
yppah wrote:
what do you expect with such a small trail and like a million people? this is obviously a tourist attraction, and it does look like a fun rip if you hit it on an off day.

I expect the Ayton Giant team manager to have some consideration for others when he goes to a popular bike park on a busy day.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
That was pretty harsh, I think I would have thrown them a good tongue lashing maybe even a dirty rotten beating at the bottom. I have collided in mid air with a chap at Silver star. His pedal hooked in my front spokes, but luckily it came out before landing. He wasn't hitting the jumps to their potential so I yelled azzzzaaaahhhhhh two or three times, no signs of moving so I went to pass on the next table.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011732
Mobile Version of Website