Powered by Outside

Freeride Hardtailing

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Freeride Hardtailing
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 17:52 Quote
I use a kona stuff large frame, with s-types and a front 8 inch rotor, if you can do things on a hardtail, you can do them twice as good on a fully. And hardtails have less moving parts to break.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 17:53 Quote
what do you thinka bout head sets would i be smart to trade a chramg bar and stem for a .243 racing stem ?
or hsould i keep my .243 racing stem ?

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 17:55 Quote
Edtung wrote:
starcbiker wrote:
Edtung wrote:
Yeah I've been riding a hardtail for a long time. Thinking about switching to a full suspension. Anyone have opinions or advice for when to switch to a full suspension?
yeah me too any help?

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a reply.. Confused

Start another threadConfused but ride your fully the same way you would a ht and go biggertup

Mod
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
samstarnes11 wrote:
what do you thinka bout head sets would i be smart to trade a chramg bar and stem for a .243 racing stem ?
or hsould i keep my .243 racing stem ?

headsets are different them stems.... I donno, Chromag seems to make really good stuff. I think that I would keep my bars and stem instead of trading for a .243 stem.

As for headsets... a pretty cheap but good one is thed FSA PIG DH PRO

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 17:58 Quote
samstarnes11 wrote:
well im into some dirtjuming nothign too bigg
are 5-6 ft gaps so big ?
for a small stock bike ?
Im a lil bit taller than 5ft 10" and ride a small haro escape. Sure on the occasion my knees hit my handlebars, but i can do a 8ft gap with out hurting my self to badly.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 18:02 Quote
alright sounds good.
what about handle bars are the axiom super cross bars any good
are they batte rthen stock brodie bars ?

Mod
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 18:06 Quote
oh wait.. sorry i though you said you were going to trade your chromag stuff for the .243. No if you trading the .243 for the chromag... than go for it. (unless it's really old and or thrashed)

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 18:09 Quote
I've never rode a fully (my bike right now is a norco manik) so I can't really compare them, but this is what I think from talking to guys who do ride a FS: You could go faster over the sketchy sections of trail on a FS. The abuse a hardtail could take is mostly the same as what a FS could -- inless you're going of pretty big drops. So I'd say that the cons of a freeride hardtail are that they aren't as smooth off the big drops (obviosly) and that they go slower on sketchy sections. And the pros are that a HT forces you too ride smoother, which equals better riding skills and that they handle better on the jumps.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 18:15 Quote
yeahh ok lol but again are the axiopm super cross bars any good ?
are they better than stock brodie bras ?

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 18:17 Quote
samstarnes11 wrote:
what brodie they aint that good of bars

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 18:32 Quote
samstarnes11 wrote:
No idea about those bars, but the stock bars that came with my bike have held up nicly against 6ft drops, and a couple accidental front flips...(Truvativ Hussefelt) But take a look at the Race Face Diabolous barsCool

Didnt know brodie made bras?...lol jk

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 18:36 Quote
lol so i should go with teh axiom bars
and what kind of bike do you have that came with the ruative hausselfelt bars ?

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 18:44 Quote
CLick me, are those the handlebars your talking about? They dont seem suited for freeride, to thin. Look for any handle bar with the diameter of 31mm or bigger.

04 Haro Escape 8.2, crappy pics in my profile...

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 18:46 Quote
do you know nayone whos selling oversized handlebasr with the bar across the middle.
i need under 30 dollars

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 18:50 Quote
Truvativ Hussefelt for $30us. Ive onyl seen handlebars with the "brace" twice now, that axiom and another my neighbor has.

What is the point of the "brace" anyway?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010386
Mobile Version of Website