Whipping

• Next Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
look the other way, worked wonders for me, i dont even think about it and i can get em almost 90 and back

FL
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 14:24 Quote
Bomber-Man-8825 wrote:
look the other way, worked wonders for me, i dont even think about it and i can get em almost 90 and back

I tried that and it really helps.
I can whip no prob, but I can´t put the bike with a nice sideway angle, so I can return to the original position to land nicely.
How can I correct this?
I already bent my back rim trying to get a whip near 90 degrees and don´t whant to do that again...

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 14:27 Quote
DoubleCrownKing wrote:
Bomber-Man-8825 wrote:

I tried that and it really helps.
I can whip no prob, but I can´t put the bike with a nice sideway angle, so I can return to the original position to land nicely.
How can I correct this?
I already bent my back rim trying to get a whip near 90 degrees and don´t whant to do that again...
Erhm, make sure you poke the nose into the landing, once your front wheel hits the landing your wheel should automatically come in

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
Holy gravedigger! Rolleyes

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 14:41 Quote
sx04 wrote:

better than creating a new thread and having people moaning about the search...

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
street-panda wrote:
sx04 wrote:

better than creating a new thread and having people moaning about the search...
Yeah...

FL
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
[Quote]Erhm, make sure you poke the nose into the landing, once your front wheel hits the landing your wheel should automatically come in[/Quote]

Yes, but what´s the best way to get the nose into the right place?
Turning my head to the oposite side my front wheel is in the middle of the whip works sometimes but is there any better way?

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
DoubleCrownKing wrote:
[Quote]Erhm, make sure you poke the nose into the landing, once your front wheel hits the landing your wheel should automatically come in

Yes, but what´s the best way to get the nose into the right place?
Turning my head to the oposite side my front wheel is in the middle of the whip works sometimes but is there any better way?[/Quote]

What he means is, when you are turning your bars back straight(after whipped), also push the bars down to aid in bringing the back wheel back.

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
the basics are move your hips and legs to the side in wich you wish to whip ,
and turn down the bars A)so they are lined up to land B) to aid kicking the back out!
but dont forget you have to bring the back end back in!

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 12:45 Quote
but also dont thing to much! it just happens naturaly - as youi learn it may help to talk yourself through it EG ..saying "up n out" may get you into the rythem of it!

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 14:44 Quote
jay from vandal designs
photo

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
jefo wrote:
Whip lol, just had to do it
NICE

Posted: Oct 2, 2009 at 11:20 Quote
elbry wrote:
jay from vandal designs
photo

lookin good

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 at 14:08 Quote
Right.
As you take off, turn your bars left/right and shift your body weight with them. This should get you sideways.
You don't want a 90 degree landing, because you will end up smashing a mech or casing a rim...so you need to bring your bars you the opposite side to stop your momentum. This should enable you to land straight(ish) if you whack the bars round hard enough.
Happy trails

and motowhipping Smile

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.087393
Mobile Version of Website