Powered by Outside

The quick question thread for DJ/Street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The quick question thread for DJ/Street
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 5:36 Quote
oryxbike wrote:
Redchilli1984 wrote:
oryxbike wrote:
wanna shave weight on my bike, but forst thing would be the fork...
I have on my bike an 06 z.1 sport rv lowered to 95mm.
2 choices in my mind
first argyle lowered to 80mm
second fox 36 lowered to 80mm(not sure about strenght)

never dealed with any of those .. and please no manipoo

What about a dirtjumper fork there 100mm and a nice fork.

I already have a 95mm CUSTOM marzo that I bought new this year due to my sherman jumpers having issues. I did the setting and everything on it and it feels amazing, only reason I want to change fork is to lose some weight... plus I don't even need 100mm, I just don't go rigid because I'm more into dirtjumping and like to have a front sus to take the bump when I nose case. might even go lower than 80mm depending on my next frame

as for katol I still don't know what model I would be getting... it would be my first RS fork EVER so I will have to get a little more infos on them. wich model is the lightest?

the 318 is the heaviest and the lightest is the 409 i believe.

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
Katol wrote:
oryxbike wrote:
Redchilli1984 wrote:

I already have a 95mm CUSTOM marzo that I bought new this year due to my sherman jumpers having issues. I did the setting and everything on it and it feels amazing, only reason I want to change fork is to lose some weight... plus I don't even need 100mm, I just don't go rigid because I'm more into dirtjumping and like to have a front sus to take the bump when I nose case. might even go lower than 80mm depending on my next frame

as for katol I still don't know what model I would be getting... it would be my first RS fork EVER so I will have to get a little more infos on them. wich model is the lightest?

the 318 is the heaviest and the lightest is the 409 i believe.
thanks, 99% chances I'm gonna go that wayWink

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
SICK-biker wrote:
a pike 454 u turn air, or fox 32 talas??

Fox 32 Talas I have one they are nice
<Photo does not exist: 2666450>

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 22:25 Quote
oryxbike wrote:
Redchilli1984 wrote:
oryxbike wrote:
wanna shave weight on my bike, but forst thing would be the fork...
I have on my bike an 06 z.1 sport rv lowered to 95mm.
2 choices in my mind
first argyle lowered to 80mm
second fox 36 lowered to 80mm(not sure about strenght)

never dealed with any of those .. and please no manipoo

36 is strong as, dude. it'll be way lighter as well, especially if you go with the float option. the argyles aren't all that light, man, even the 409.

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 22:29 Quote
hey guys, and possibly girls.
i ride trials influenced street and skatepark stuff on a 26"er, i was wondering how a 30t and 13t would sound for what i ride. my crank arms length are 180mm if that helps any. and how does a fmf hollowpin chain sound?

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
cake1dlx wrote:
I need a new Crankset/BB for my Transition TOP. I was thinking about going with BMX cranks but wasn't sure how that would all come together. If anyone has any tips or info on what measurements I would need to check please let me know. I know the question is a little vague but I'm at work and need to make it quick.
what year top?

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 4:29 Quote
dillonchamberlain wrote:
cake1dlx wrote:
I need a new Crankset/BB for my Transition TOP. I was thinking about going with BMX cranks but wasn't sure how that would all come together. If anyone has any tips or info on what measurements I would need to check please let me know. I know the question is a little vague but I'm at work and need to make it quick.
what year top?

I'm pretty sure it's a 2007. Bought it second hand off pinkbike so I'm not 100% sure.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 12:24 Quote
go to your local bike shop, they would know what size bb it is and what your options would be for cranks and bb. im not familiar enough with older years of tops.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
im switching my current deity 36t sprocket to a 28t eastern medusa possibly medusa light and i noticed that the diameter of the hole is bigger than my spindle. would it be possible to order some kinda of hat-washer to fit in the new sprocket so that it fits on my spindle? thanks.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 0:14 Quote
Views: 1,761    Faves: 0    Comments: 65
whats this noise

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 8:51 Quote
the squeaky sound? the clicking sound? the squeak is your brakes, and the click could either be your fork topping out, something loose inside it, or that tag thing on your bike that i think i saw.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
k, rockshox's are have pretty complicated internals as far i know, so i would guess that something could be broken, or loose. thats my guess.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013440
Mobile Version of Website