Powered by Outside

handlebars sliping out. What do I do?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
handlebars sliping out. What do I do?
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 23:56 Quote
for your brakes you should take the gyro off because a straight cable will give you more power then the split gyro cables

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
I wouldn't get any glue on there, it will just wear down like the pain and slip even more.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 10:05 Quote
I had that problem too. I was running a front-load stem and I changed to a top-load and my bars do not slip any more.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
norco12502 wrote:
for your brakes you should take the gyro off because a straight cable will give you more power then the split gyro cables

how do i take the gyro off tho?

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
BrockMc wrote:
norco12502 wrote:

im not exactly sure (i don't bmx i only know form riding 2 of my friends bmx's) but im sure it cant be that hard, and you will need a new brake cable so you could just get your lbs to do it all for you

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 9:36 Quote
norco12502 wrote:
BrockMc wrote:
norco12502 wrote:

im not exactly sure (i don't bmx i only know form riding 2 of my friends bmx's) but im sure it cant be that hard, and you will need a new brake cable so you could just get your lbs to do it all for you

ok. thanks

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 9:52 Quote
yppah wrote:
I wouldn't get any glue on there, it will just wear down like the pain and slip even more.

I would say that's most likely. Since the glue just sits on top of the metal and does not penetrate it, the likelihood of it being a permanent solution is slim. I agree with the suggestion of removing the paint.

Unless the bolts are physically backing themselves out, all Loc-Tite is going to do is make it harder to get the bolts off. From the sounds of things, your problem is in the interface between the bar and stem.

Really though, I would start saving for a new bar and stem. Generally when that happens, its a problem with the quality of the product more than anything.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 9:54 Quote
BrockMc wrote:
norco12502 wrote:

Disconnect the brake cable from the lever. You're going to have to take the stem off and there's a plate that has to be removed underneath the stem. Then remove the cable from the lower gyro mount on the frame. As already said, you're going to need a new straight cable to replace it with.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 11:03 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
yppah wrote:

I would say that's most likely. Since the glue just sits on top of the metal and does not penetrate it, the likelihood of it being a permanent solution is slim. I agree with the suggestion of removing the paint.

Unless the bolts are physically backing themselves out, all Loc-Tite is going to do is make it harder to get the bolts off. From the sounds of things, your problem is in the interface between the bar and stem.

Really though, I would start saving for a new bar and stem. Generally when that happens, its a problem with the quality of the product more than anything.

i fixed the handlebars, i just sanded the paint off then greased it. im going to take it to my shop to see if they can do the brakes. thanks

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011938
Mobile Version of Website