Powered by Outside

Ways to protect a bike incase you forgot/dont have a lock.

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Ways to protect a bike incase you forgot/dont have a lock.
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 11:04 Quote
ICUK5319 wrote:
take ur bk wheel or front wheel of and walk round wid ur wheel

If anything take the back wheel off. Its still easy to move a bike quickly with the front wheel removed.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
bathman wrote:
therealblinky wrote:
turn it upside down and take your chain off that will slow them down. you could also take the seat too

the chain thing is a good idea
i ussually lean it against a window but from now on im doing the chain thing too
iv done the chain thing but i WONT leave my bike unlocked anywhere at school i bring it into a teachers room and still lock it up

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
popp wrote:
if u go into a store put it infront of a window where u always can keep an eye on it iv had a bike stolen b4 and it sucks.....

Sitting by a window will honestly only give you a front row seat to your bike being stolen. If someone who actually knows how to pedal grabs your bike, by the time you start heading towards the door, your bike is gone.

I saw a friend's bike get stolen. It was literally a matter of seconds between the guy grabbing the bike and him being half way down the street.

There is no safe alternative to locking a bike up properly. If you don't have a lock, don't leave your bike. If you leave a bike unlocked using any number of tricks, don't complain when it gets stolen.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013051
Mobile Version of Website