Powered by Outside

Best fork 4 SX Trail

PB Forum :: Specialized
Best fork 4 SX Trail
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 11:16 Quote
stowlad wrote:
Rockshox Totems, they piss all over Fox's and 66's! Razz

Your right!!.....with the oil from the leaky seals. Piss all over the place!!

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 11:23 Quote
blindsideripper wrote:
stowlad wrote:
Rockshox Totems, they piss all over Fox's and 66's! Razz

Your right!!.....with the oil from the leaky seals. Piss all over the place!!

lol your right they are just to complicated fox simple 66 simple totems just a crap fork carnt go wrong with any fox forks+ iv ridden my sx for over a year now and you carnt complain with the fox fork seals still as good as new just put a lil bit of wet lube on em every phew rides keeps em good

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 11:41 Quote
get the 55 or a 66 mate
cant go rong

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 14:38 Quote
The marzocchi 55 is the same as the 2006/2007 marzocchi 66s, get it, treat it as a 66 because it is 1, alternativly get a domain, super strong, robust but fairly heavy 6.3lbs. I say don't get any fox 36 unless its rc2 damping, also i would recommend the van version, airs shit with fox, always goes wrong.

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 21:33 Quote
i have all mountain 1 sl with like little knobs and the 55 is supposed to be better id get that or a 36

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 15:47 Quote
aerosteeze wrote:
36 van rc2
yep

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 15:48 Quote
chankchinaski wrote:
HI. Im going to buy SX 2008 frame and I'm wondering about best fork to mount on it. I have 2007 Z1 with 150 mm but this is not enough I think. 160 mm will be propably the best option. I have looked at new Marzocchi 55 line but all of them look strange to me -they do not have rebound and compression adjustments. So can You all Sx riders give me a little advice about the forks You have in Yours?Im not a hardcore rider (the Z1 is perfect for me now).
are u riding the sx or sx trail???

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:59 Quote
no doubt..... 66 RC3 (0Cool or RC2x (07).... everyone knows the fox forks look decent, but are way too high in terms of maintenance. Maybe if you weight 150 you'll be ok. Moreover, they blow cartridges left right and center. I think a totem would be fine too.... however, i see lots of people ditching their totems and 36's to go for 66's. they aren't quite as bling but low maintenance and perform very well....

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 5:27 Quote
I have on my 06 SX Trail Z1 Sport ETA and it is working very good. The height of the fork is almost the same as on 36. The geometry stayed the same, and 10mm less travel doesn't really show. I don't see any problems fitting Z1 on SX Trail.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 5:45 Quote
manikrider15 wrote:
dont go with the new marzocchi's they moved thier product factoy to tiwan so they suck now, if you really want a sick fork go with a fox 36 float, talas or van its almost like they are made for that bike
a tonne of bike parts, frames and forks are made overseas, so your saying all of them suck? chances are your whole bike is made over there. marzocchi did it to give a better bang for the buck. where are the totems made? hmmm?

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 13:07 Quote
Thanks Skala -looks like I'll stay with my Z1 and will see how it works Smile

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 13:16 Quote
bikedoctor27 wrote:
no doubt..... 66 RC3 (0Cool or RC2x (07).... everyone knows the fox forks look decent, but are way too high in terms of maintenance. Maybe if you weight 150 you'll be ok. Moreover, they blow cartridges left right and center. I think a totem would be fine too.... however, i see lots of people ditching their totems and 36's to go for 66's. they aren't quite as bling but low maintenance and perform very well....
I think you a little biased I'm assuming you run a Marz? totem solo air had big issues with losing travel, as did the Air versions of the 66, never heard of anyone having any problems with the Van's some problems with floats leaking but thats it. and before you tear me a new one, I've had a 05 66rc, a 07 66rc2x , and now im running a pike and a van rc2 (only got the van because the 66 had to much travel for my new frame)
if you will be on trails alot, and not major 30ft hucks, a Lyric my be a perfect fork.

(the 40's had a lot more issues with maintenance and cartridge failure then the 36's)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013145
Mobile Version of Website