Heeeeelp Meeee!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Heeeeelp Meeee!
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
DynamicQ wrote:
erik74 wrote:
DynamicQ wrote:
chromoly is stronger but it will absorb the shock worse then aluminium...however still will live longer
cro-mo absorbs the shock better since it flexes more...
aluminium is softer !?!
that has nothing to do with flex-ability, balsa wood is extremely soft compared to pine, but has far less flex.

in general, steel frames flex more than aluminum

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 11:59 Quote
DynamicQ wrote:
erik74 wrote:
DynamicQ wrote:
chromoly is stronger but it will absorb the shock worse then aluminium...however still will live longer
aluminium is softer !?!

And stiffer. As aluminum's a soft metal, it needs to be boxed, hydroformed, and so on, to be strong. This ends up making the frame much stiffer.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
sherbet wrote:
DynamicQ wrote:
erik74 wrote:

aluminium is softer !?!

And stiffer. As aluminum's a soft metal, it needs to be boxed, hydroformed, and so on, to be strong. This ends up making the frame much stiffer.
thanks, im horrible at explaining that, i just know an aluminum frame is stiffer...

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
i would say but a riot b/c it works really welll but u want a good heavy crank perferably race face b/c it wont break easilyBig Grin

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
heres the highlights of my build

pike 454
mavic 729 and hope hubs
deity cranks
etc.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
Presence wrote:
heres the highlights of my build

pike 454
mavic 729 and hope hubs
deity cranks
etc.
sweet, sounds like it will turn out pretty nice.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
bonehaed4 wrote:
i would say but a riot b/c it works really welll but u want a good heavy crank perferably race face b/c it wont break easilyBig Grin

okay devon you just said a riot because i have one you dont really know, second a heavy crank? no you want a light crank, and do you even know who makes cranks? and you just said the braking part because i broke mine

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 17:40 Quote
id get the traildigger by eastern. its like 399 and its a solid bike. perfect for park and dirt jumping.

http://www.harborcountrybike.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BK5053&CartID=1

that place has free shipping.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
[Quote="Connor-Bolton"]
bonehaed4 wrote:

okay devon on that help me thread you wrote on you just said a riot because i have one you dont really know, second a heavy crank? no you want a light crank, and do you even know who makes cranks? and you just said the braking part because i broke mine and devon it was bottom bracket that broke not my crank, a crank is hard to brake, don't give advice to people when you don't know shit about what your talking about

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016099
Mobile Version of Website