Powered by Outside

Tubeless for DH/FR?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Tubeless for DH/FR?
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: May 6, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
kenda nevegal ust tubless tires suck dick...
ive had nothing but trouble from mine

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 19:28 Quote
Maybe getting in to tubeless... two questions... how low of a pressure can I run. I usually run 20-25. And second... could I run tubes on tubeless wheels. Thanks

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 19:42 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
Maybe getting in to tubeless... two questions... how low of a pressure can I run. I usually run 20-25. And second... could I run tubes on tubeless wheels. Thanks
You can run as low as you like but I try to stay just above tire folding pressure. Experiment to see what works best for you. Yes you can run tubes in tubeless wheels.

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 19:45 Quote
nato wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
You can run as low as you like but I try to stay just above tire folding pressure. Experiment to see what works best for you. Yes you can run tubes in tubeless wheels.
cheers thanks man

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 21:08 Quote
Couldnt you unscrew the valve core on the tube, and put a lil Stans sealant in it? Thus making it puncture proof?

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 22:33 Quote
Redwolf2 wrote:
Couldnt you unscrew the valve core on the tube, and put a lil Stans sealant in it? Thus making it puncture proof?
Yes and for some tire rim combos that may be your best bet.
For me the best thing about tube less is the improved feel by not running a tube in a 2 ply Dh tire. I have 4 + years of riding with NO FLATS using the ghetto tubeless method.

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 6:10 Quote
mate i finished my build in November with 823's and UST High Rollers. THEE easiest change ive ever done, lubed the rim made sure the beads were in the center and inflated (with a hand pump) and they poped in first time, the only issue i had was there was a slight wobble in the try as part of the bead want fully bedded but just inflated to 50psi and left over night. didn't loose any pressure after month.

i then got my deemax ultimates and swapped the hight rollers over just as easy as on the 823's no pressure loss again. then swapped them back to the 823's as i got my minions for the deemax AGAIN easy. the bikes been off for the winter but was checking the try last week and still rock hard. maybe ive been luck, but im sticking with maxis rims and maxi ust tyers from now on.

FL
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 at 17:40 Quote
Tubeless eh?? Well I got my new DMUltimates, just took an hour of bitch work putting tubes and reg tires on,Mad cannot wait to get real UST tires for them, I hope its easier. But there on now, and I am ready to ride. Thank god I am not a weight weenie, because I guess I wouldve defeated the purpose of the wheels saving weight..lol ..

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 17:14 Quote
i know this is old, but if i run 823s can i run standard minions with tubes? will the bead still hook up nice? just heard that ust minions have a thin sidewall as they are a folding tyre

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 17:46 Quote
onesadvw wrote:
Yes
thank you very much Salute

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 18:06 Quote
"Oi, no worries" as you say.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019277
Mobile Version of Website