Powered by Outside

Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul

PB Forum :: Downhill
Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:01 Quote
ok well turners r usually quite expensive, that being said rentals get a beating. What size drops n gaps...n be realistick i really dont care how good you are im not gonna rip on you?

talk to the guy about what he rides to see if the turner is in good shape. rentals usually are cleand up but may have underlying problems

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
WELL, i went to diablo with my dad over the weekend and did all the hardest trails and drops there. i def. dont consider myself slow either.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
haha noone does... if your riding dominion n some of the tech n drops, like the phantom drop, your probably looking for a good versitile freeride bike (not stinky)
n the sundays can be modifiyd into that n r good race bikes. look into bikes like the bottlerocket or reign/glory the new sx trail ive been told has a more freeride geo this year so that might be worth looking into. but theres no reason to go full dh like the dhr

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
i was going to buy one of their rental sundays in october but i was told that the sundays are being discontinued, now i wouldnt care about that except for the fact that parts will be hard to find, do you agree?

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
i do agree with the fact that parts in the future may be hard to find. but if the price is right, it maybe almost worth it for the components that will most likely be newly rebuilt or serviced top of the line parts

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
CTfreerider6 wrote:
i was going to buy one of their rental sundays in october but i was told that the sundays are being discontinued, now i wouldnt care about that except for the fact that parts will be hard to find, do you agree?

it shouldn't matter too much, as the parts that may need fixing or replacing aren't usually made by the bike manufacturer anyway. if you can pick one up for cheap, I would go with it

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:15 Quote
do you have a spec list? i think diablo is sponsered buy sram therefore totems or boxxers id assume, porblly atleast x9 definitly juciys or codes. overall very good compnents

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
i could get a sunday team, i think that is the best sunday, with boxxer wc's and a great shock, how bad of a problem will the parts be to find, i wouldnt be worried about the condition of the bike because id make sure i get the first pick out of all the bikes.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
i remember my rental had a juicy 7 and a magura brake, forks werent the best but i saw some wit boxxers, how used do you think they would be. how many people, do you think, rent a sunday and go up the mountain and hit every drop and techy trail there. i think the majority of rental people do the lighter trials?

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
okay well ask them about the warrenty info, because if the compnents are still warrentyed then sram will replace them if they break. the frame will also if under warenty be fixed or replaced id assume

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
yeah i remeber now, get the a bike with gustavs if they have any, or codes.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
the forks r prolly gonna be boxxer teams. i think the one my frined rode while he was thee was a modified team with wc internals. so the compnents will be worth it. THE main thing is to make sure its still gonna be warrentyed

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
do they sell just frames, n howmuch do they sell the full bikes for?

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
id have to ask about the waranty, will it be waranted if they are discontinuing the sunday for 09?

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
As sone as a bike gets rented, it no longer has a warrenty.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013502
Mobile Version of Website