Powered by Outside

Kona Stab deluxe 2008 or iron horse sunday expert 2008?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Kona Stab deluxe 2008 or iron horse sunday expert 2008?
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 3:08 Quote
wtp51 wrote:
photo

trust me....go with the kona
According to you're thread... You don't know f*ck all about downhill.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
free629ride wrote:
get the sunday it has a better DH specific suspension design and it handles so GOOOOOOOD, and its proven , Sam hill if a machine and he rips it on this and My buddy Justin Brown rides this bike and he podiums every race with it.
please dont forget that fabien barel has won two world cups on the kona , but i would go for the iron horse

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
Can't comment on the Sunday, but my stab rides awesome. Really great geometry for me and I like the response of the single pivot over the square edged hits. The floating brake is great.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 10:30 Quote
sunday has the best suspension design, the frame rocks

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
sunday, no question.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
fabien barel was,something like 10-100ths of a second behind sam hill at the recent fort bill,and fabien did it in the wet.

there is a shop close to me and he reckons the bearings dont last long at all,got sick of replacing them so dropped iron horse all together.

yeah a lot of people see kona as outdated but they have stood the test of time,and to be honest if it werent for the dw link would people still rave about the iron horse so much.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
i have had bad encounters with Kona and the Sunday's geometry is better so i would go with the Sunday

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
i have had trouble with konas and so have my friends. no one i have met has had trouble with the DW link oriron horses in general. buy the sunday then upgrade it latter

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
i would say go with the kona there so dope i just got the suprem and i cant wate to ride it they look awsome and i rode mine around and they feel super sick

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
marquis wrote:
fabien barel was,something like 10-100ths of a second behind sam hill at the recent fort bill,and fabien did it in the wet.

there is a shop close to me and he reckons the bearings dont last long at all,got sick of replacing them so dropped iron horse all together.

yeah a lot of people see kona as outdated but they have stood the test of time,and to be honest if it werent for the dw link would people still rave about the iron horse so much.
agreed

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
marquis wrote:

agreed

if bikes didn't have 2 wheels would people still rave about bikes that much?

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
skatodd wrote:
tefiii2005 wrote:
Oh forgot one thing, You have to replace the bolts and bearings in the Sunday after each season if you ride a lot and ride it like it is supposed to be ridden. They develop serious play in the pivots. I replaced my roommates for $170 for the entire set with the bolts and bearings. Thats pretty customary for bikes that get ridden hard but they are $170 from Iron Horse which is more than most other bikes.

olitrek wrote:
to be honest guys iron horse is very expensive to say the bearings go so often, if they sorted the back end out ten it wud be more popular, and kona give you alot for the money lets face it!!!

To set both Tefi & Oli straight here, the bearings on the Sunday (or any other dw-link bike for that matter) do not wear out more often than any other bike out on the market. In fact, I'd venture to say they actually will last longer than a bike w/ traditional standard sealed bearing.

dw-link bikes use Enduro MAX-E bearings. These are custom made oversized bearings that include the inner spacer. dw-link bikes also use 7075-T6 alloy pivots axles that are lighter and stiffer than steel or 6061 hardware. You can read more info here www.ironhorsebikes.com/tech This is why they cost a little more than some competitors; though most competitors are similarly priced $100+ for their frames. However, if you take care of your equipment you will not need to replace them often at all.

More times than not, the bearings are not worn out. MAX bearings are designed for bicycle suspension pivots and see-saw vs spin. Because of this, they can feel notchy when not preloaded. For a good read on MAX bearings check out this mtbr post by Intense on the subject http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=139889

-ska todd

I'm 15 years old and weigh 9 stone and the bearings in my new sunday after 2 months were gone. it made serious play in the link. how can u say the Max bearings are any good?

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 13:09 Quote
gibson-dh wrote:
skatodd wrote:
tefiii2005 wrote:
Oh forgot one thing, You have to replace the bolts and bearings in the Sunday after each season if you ride a lot and ride it like it is supposed to be ridden. They develop serious play in the pivots. I replaced my roommates for $170 for the entire set with the bolts and bearings. Thats pretty customary for bikes that get ridden hard but they are $170 from Iron Horse which is more than most other bikes.

olitrek wrote:
to be honest guys iron horse is very expensive to say the bearings go so often, if they sorted the back end out ten it wud be more popular, and kona give you alot for the money lets face it!!!

To set both Tefi & Oli straight here, the bearings on the Sunday (or any other dw-link bike for that matter) do not wear out more often than any other bike out on the market. In fact, I'd venture to say they actually will last longer than a bike w/ traditional standard sealed bearing.

dw-link bikes use Enduro MAX-E bearings. These are custom made oversized bearings that include the inner spacer. dw-link bikes also use 7075-T6 alloy pivots axles that are lighter and stiffer than steel or 6061 hardware. You can read more info here www.ironhorsebikes.com/tech This is why they cost a little more than some competitors; though most competitors are similarly priced $100+ for their frames. However, if you take care of your equipment you will not need to replace them often at all.

More times than not, the bearings are not worn out. MAX bearings are designed for bicycle suspension pivots and see-saw vs spin. Because of this, they can feel notchy when not preloaded. For a good read on MAX bearings check out this mtbr post by Intense on the subject http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=139889

-ska todd

I'm 15 years old and weigh 9 stone and the bearings in my new sunday after 2 months were gone. it made serious play in the link. how can u say the Max bearings are any good?

nice gravedig!

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
konarider94 wrote:
sunday for sure

Another gravedig!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036710
Mobile Version of Website