Powered by Outside

Automotive Regurgitation Thread.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive Regurgitation Thread.
Mod
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
Cayenne's are sick. The first gens were bunk as the headlights had massive condensation issues but the new ones are nutty. So ridiculously fast. Tons of horsepower and torque. Yes, they aren't really an SUV for the outdoorsy type but if you are civilized and only go on a few dirt/gravel roads they are perfect. They can actually handle a little bit of offroading which is dece.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The new WRX is supposed to be getting an update/more aggressive styling in order to compete against the Lacer Rallye. Granted, that is the rumor going around from the “press release.” I believe that the new WRX will get bolder/more aggressive styling. As for the HP part of it, that, is up in the air. The new Tribeca is ok looking.

yeah it got improved quite a bit. it is now pushing performance numbers close to that of the 2008 STI. i don't know how that happened but it did.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
I think the GTS is the only one that looks remotely good

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
ellisfreedman wrote:
I think the GTS is the only one that looks remotely good
GTS is ok, Turbo S is where it's at.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 16:51 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The new WRX is supposed to be getting an update/more aggressive styling in order to compete against the Lacer Rallye. Granted, that is the rumor going around from the “press release.” I believe that the new WRX will get bolder/more aggressive styling. As for the HP part of it, that, is up in the air. The new Tribeca is ok looking.
I have no problem at all with the 09 WRX. I actually kind of like the way it looks and 265 AWD HP is always good. The only Subies I have a problem with are the 08 2.5i sedans and the B9 Tribeca. I do think the old Foresters looked better than the new ones, but they didn't completely screw up the new ones. I also think the 06-07 Impreza's of all trim levels (2.5i, WRX, STI, and even the OBS) were the best looking, but those days aren't coming back. The 08 STI actually looks okay to me, but who cares about looks when you can out off-road most of the trucks you see driving around, beat just about anything down just about any dirt road, and keep up with, if not pass cars on the street that are double the cost or more.

Side note: I saw an SL63 AMG today and it's beautful. (I also saw a Jaguar E-Type driving around on the snow and salt covered roads here (wanted to smack the guy) and a very nice black Audi RS4.)

Mod
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
I'm a sucker for the '07 STi or any of the late model sedan STi's for that matter. I really like them a lot.

The SL-63 is in deed a very nice car. They are super sleek, sexy, and have beautiful lines. The only Jag I really like is the XK Coupe and the S-Type. All the other Jags look way too old man for me. As for the RS4, they are like $96,000 up north. Sure, they have a large engine and some performance parts (brakes, suspension, seats, etc) but they are nearly double the price of an A4 and like ~$30,000 more than an S4. For $100k, get a Porsche or something.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
For $100k, get a Porsche or something.
I'm probably the only person that would buy a Subaru if you gave them $100,000 to spend on a car. It'd be a 07 WRX wagon too. Black, and sorta semi-modified. It'd take me a while to type out everything I'd do to it, but I did figure out that I could build it for less than $40,000 total without labor for anything I couldn't do myself. (That's including the price of the car new.)

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
Probably one of the ugliest SUV's ever made, but I still want one really bad.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.terra2imports.ca/ab-images/115300620128779.jpg

So with you, so ugly, yet I'll take mine with the 7.1L offshore power boat V12.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
As for the RS4, they are like $96,000 up north. Sure, they have a large engine and some performance parts (brakes, suspension, seats, etc) but they are nearly double the price of an A4 and like ~$30,000 more than an S4. For $100k, get a Porsche or something.
The new BMW M3 is around $90,000 too so it's priced with its competitors.
You're right though, for that money i'd get a 911 Carrera 4S as a daily driver.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
Probably one of the ugliest SUV's ever made, but I still want one really bad.

So with you, so ugly, yet I'll take mine with the 7.1L offshore power boat V12.
Who wouldn't?

Mod
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 17:08 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
I'm probably the only person that would buy a Subaru if you gave them $100,000 to spend on a car.

I agree. I'll take a Crawford STi.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
IMO, most Porsche's are over rated and not as fast as the money could get you. (Yes, I have ridden in and driven more than one different Porsche. I would have bought a beautiful 924 Turbo that was for sale locally this summer, but I didn't have the money.)

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
I'm probably the only person that would buy a Subaru if you gave them $100,000 to spend on a car.

I agree. I'll take a Crawford STi.
Crawford is nice, I'll give you that, but they are very far away from how I'd build my WRX.

We should probably get back on topic around now though.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
Any Chris Bangle penned car.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
there is absolutely no point to the 997 cayenne turbo s. the cayenne turbo is already rediculous as it is so why make another model even more expensive for another 50 hp? if it's all about image then my god..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015306
Mobile Version of Website