Powered by Outside

Suggestions for improving the trials forum.

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Suggestions for improving the trials forum.
Mod
Posted: May 26, 2011 at 20:53 Quote
trialsinmachine wrote:
I like the forum as it is..

If we divide it up too much it will seem like nothing ever happens here. lol
I like how this forum is very open and new riders (trials, xc, bmx, whatever) can ask anything.
I really dislike the new rider category being separate from a more "experienced" rider category. To me, that just shows there is no community. There shouldn't be only a couple "experienced" guys telling new people what to do just cause they check a sub-forum normally and the others don't bother.
If its all together, everyone has better odds of noticing some new guys post and maybe helping him out.

It would be nice to have a competitions, tutorial, and maybe a media sub-forum. But if they were just Stickies and there was some way of having them highlighted when its new or has a new post, that would probably be better..
There just doesn't seem to be enough competitions going on to need a dedicated section.
Maybe just have a stickies sub-forum and highlight that when something new is added?

This forum isn't as biased as the other major forums either. They can call it gay all they want. At least there are open minds here. Salute

Beer

Start up a comp thread and I'll sticky it. Same goes for the media thread, I'm all for it.

If anyone wants to write a tutorial, I will start a tutorial thread and add all of your well written tutorials to the master thread. This way we will have a single, well organized spot to store them all.

As for the other suggestion, send me proof of age, a cheque for $20, and your Playstation Network credentials, and I will reply with some other sites to look up.

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 at 0:56 Quote
I am a newbie.
for me, it's easy to find tricks tutorials on youtube and DVD or some thing.
I will like some experience of experienced riders like how to practice more effectively. like why should I setup my bike like this. what parts are more critical.
all newbie want know. maybe it is gonna take a lot time to practice and to know. but some TO KNOW article may help.

(PS: Especially when you like me, have a all time job, work over time every day, and a suspension is gonna cost more than your full salary. you definitely want know where to put your hard work money)

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 at 16:52 Quote
Hi i have a problem any help would be appreicated.
I want to turn my street bike into a urban trials bike so i can sort of do it all a bit like danny macAskill "legend" ive been looking at the echo urban and the echo front disc hub i have a pair of hope mono mini m4s 180mm ready to go on the bike front hub doesnt take disc and neither does fork, fork is a dmr trailblade for is curtis something cant remember really rear hub i think is very responsive its a profile singlespeed disc but my main concern is the front hub and forks its a 24" frame so i was thinking the 24" forks but i looked at the 26" versions and description says there same length so im consfused please help http://www.trialsaddict.com/forks/24-forks/echo-urban-24-forks.html
http://www.trialsaddict.com/forks/26-forks/echo-urban-26-forks.html
and then theres this fork which is a bit more money saving atm
http://www.trialsaddict.com/special-offers/echo-26-sl-forks-2011.html
the hubs i was looking at are
http://www.trialsaddict.com/hubs/front-hubs/disc/onza-pro-series-front-disc-hub.html
http://www.trialsaddict.com/hubs/front-hubs/disc/echo-tr-front-disc-hub.html
i know this is a long post im sorry but i really need help and really wanna do this thanks for your time
If this is in the wrong place then please direct me and the white bike on my profile is the bike im talking about to give you an idea thanks very much again for any response

Posted: Apr 27, 2013 at 22:14 Quote
Suggestion for improving this thread; change the name to trials or bike trials. Observed bike trials is too 1990 hans rey. What the hell is observed trials anyway and who are these creepy observers. Do we have them observing us Dh riding? Trials has evolved into a street/trials skillset and deserves more respect. The amount of bike handling is second to none. Just don't go over 15mph and its oOoOoOOoo shiiiiiiitttt!!! Just trials we get it. Half the moves in park/bmx are based on trials moves, nuff respect.

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 13:09 Quote
I'm totally in! We just can't make this like otn. Its awful the way people treat each other there.

Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 8:50 Quote
Hi there everyone, I am new to this forum. I have used pink bike before, I am New into the trials but have just bought a mod and will be definitely joining this forum. I will agree on the split from experienced to newbie riders, I feel that the questions and topics of conversations would be in such a different manner that for a newbie for me it would make it much harder to get the info I need when I have to sift through so much different topics. ( also I apologize for my grammar in advance )

Side note if there are anyone riding trials in the penticton area, please msg me asvi would love to ride with some people, cheers!!

Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 20:38 Quote
Welcome to the Trials scene. Feel free to ask whatever. Normally people have some good replies on here.

Posted: Jan 10, 2016 at 13:44 Quote
Need more of a trials community first!

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 22:45 Quote
I like the forum already. But I think you need to add more trail based information in the forum and lots of instructive images contents to attract visitors. If people find resources from here beneficial the forum will automatically lift up.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 8:21 Quote
I think we could add a trick of the week to start it off. Or if people want to learn some moves, I could probably bother the guys to take a quick clip, to critique some techniques or styles that may help.

Or we could do handy moves on a non specific trials bike to show it can be done?

All these things only last so long though.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
Our ridership is small enough already (at least here in the US) so for now, I might suggest no devision unless the group grows too large and the same questions keep popping up. I'm super glad to see Pinkbike as the host, we have been relying in our Facebook group and e-mail list to keep all regional riders up to date, this cold be a much needed and fantastic North American platform.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
Sup hoppers. My name's Kyle, and I'm a trials Rider.

Posted: Nov 29, 2023 at 8:59 Quote
Hello, I am waiting for my new to me comp bike to arrive. My main goal with this bike is to improve over balance and control that I can transfer to mtb riding. Are there any moved or techniques that should start with? Track stands and bunny hops are the ones I was thinking. Plus working on brake control. Any help would be great. I have 0 trials skill at the moment.

Posted: Feb 5, 2024 at 18:12 Quote
Biggest thing is just to learn better balance in all scenarios. Try riding slower and slower till you are not moving at all. Keep your feet off the ground. Find ways to make corrections and catch your weight. If you are at a stop and are going to loose balance, try to pedal into it, to catch it. Try not to think of trials, as 'moves or tricks' but more as control. Moves and tricks are just a bonus with more experience.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022419
Mobile Version of Website