Brakes for DH? saints, slx, strokers, funn, code 5 or juicy 5
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 6:56 Quote
Formula oro bianco 200/200 Smile

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 7:01 Quote
Formula the one, are the best

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 7:25 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
right my hayes hfx 9 have packed up so i am looking to buy some new brakes, i have narrowed it down....ish, im only 10 stone and dont need hudge power and want to spend as little as possible really but if its worth it would spend some more, these are my choices:
New Shimano Saints
Shimano SLX
Hayes Stroker Trails
Funn Drop Out
Avid Code 5
Avid Juicy 5
EDIT:they would all have 8" rotors

Any Help would be greatly appreciated, anyone who has any of these brake would be nice too know what there like.

old style saint,xt or xtr will be fine for your 10 stone nothingness.

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 7:48 Quote
I ride/race juicy 7's and they stop pretty well, but I am a small guy. But if I were you I would stick with Avid weather it is the Code, Code 5, Elixir, or juicy. Probley your best bet.

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 7:49 Quote
marquis wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
right my hayes hfx 9 have packed up so i am looking to buy some new brakes, i have narrowed it down....ish, im only 10 stone and dont need hudge power and want to spend as little as possible really but if its worth it would spend some more, these are my choices:
New Shimano Saints
Shimano SLX
Hayes Stroker Trails
Funn Drop Out
Avid Code 5
Avid Juicy 5
EDIT:they would all have 8" rotors

Any Help would be greatly appreciated, anyone who has any of these brake would be nice too know what there like.

old style saint,xt or xtr will be fine for your 10 stone nothingness.
shimano (not sure bout the saints tho) are SHIT, in the week leading up to xmas 3 bikes hadda be pulled of da shop floor with dodgy xt nd slx brakes
and the xtrs are spongy as

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 7:51 Quote
AVID is the only company with great brakes, look at the codes? what is better seriously

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 8:08 Quote
bighit1212 wrote:
AVID is the only company with great brakes, look at the codes? what is better seriously
This guy knows what he is talking about.. Thank you

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
rdog123 wrote:
bighit1212 wrote:
bro... amytime
--- haha

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
Wh've had absolutly no problems with the Saint or XT brakes over the last 5 years. The Saint hubs and centre lock rotors are bullet proof wet or dry, dust or mud and still have lots of stopping power after a Garbonzo to base run.

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
rdog123 wrote:
bighit1212 wrote:
I have codes with 203 front and 185 rear. AMAZING! Very easy to set up and have great modulation. I would highly recommend saving for the codes over the code 5's because of the adjustment knob which is unbelievable. When the weather changes and your fluid heats up it is nice to take it off a few stops and vise versa.

AGAIN, I would highly recommend them Big Grin

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
I know two friends that ride shimano brakes, and I love them, they've had no maintenance issues, they feel fantastic, brilliantly designed lever, can't fault them.

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 4:48 Quote
bighit1212 wrote:

saints for sure.

Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 4:49 Quote
ianjanalex wrote:
Wh've had absolutly no problems with the Saint or XT brakes over the last 5 years. The Saint hubs and centre lock rotors are bullet proof wet or dry, dust or mud and still have lots of stopping power after a Garbonzo to base run.

thats why i sold my codes,and am buying saint along with saint hubs.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.170064
Mobile Version of Website