Powered by Outside

Upgrade Parts for My New NS Holy

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Upgrade Parts for My New NS Holy
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
I have taken My front brake off and am going to get a light pivitol set up soon Smile What your doing sounds good! Post pics with the new parts as you get them, I will.

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
Liam-rooney wrote:
I have taken My front brake off and am going to get a light pivitol set up soon Smile What your doing sounds good! Post pics with the new parts as you get them, I will.

O cool. Yeh its good that a few little things can make quite a bit of difference. Definitely will, only pics of the bike so far are with reflecters and bell and the rest Razz . Not that i dont believe the guy who posted that i need a 27.2 shim but im just emailing NS to check up, also I have sent NS an email about the "no serial number" thingy. Cheers for your help

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 9:52 Quote
EmteeHayze wrote:
Liam-rooney wrote:

O cool. Yeh its good that a few little things can make quite a bit of difference. Definitely will, only pics of the bike so far are with reflecters and bell and the rest Razz . Not that i dont believe the guy who posted that i need a 27.2 shim but im just emailing NS to check up, also I have sent NS an email about the "no serial number" thingy. Cheers for your help

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 3:24 Quote
I've been looking at the federal S.L Seat and then the stump post, Comes to 358 grams, I will measure our seat + post together when I get home (Im in school now Big Grin )

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
Liam-rooney wrote:
I've been looking at the federal S.L Seat and then the stump post, Comes to 358 grams, I will measure our seat + post together when I get home (Im in school now Big Grin )

Cool cool, I think ive decided on the Slammed seat because I want raise it at all and a few lil grams lighter.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 8:51 Quote
O btw, the guy was right, you do need a " 27.2 --> 25.4 (bmx standard) shim. "

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 9:03 Quote
Or get a 27.2 Pivotal post.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 9:11 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
Or get a 27.2 Pivotal post.

Tbh im a bit puzzled about the whole sizing of seat tubes and posts, Im looking to get a federal slammed seat post http://sourcebmx.co.uk/product/components/seat-posts/federal-pivotal-slammed-post/1577.shtml

What size are they or whatever? And what shim would I need to get. CRC has a few but I dont understand the sizes. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=215
What one do you think I should get and what size?

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 9:11 Quote
What size of seatpost is the Holy?

Once you tell me that, I can explain to you.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
What size of seatpost is the Holy?

Once you tell me that, I can explain to you.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
Okay. A BMX Pivotal post is 25.4. This means the tube is to thin and you won't be able to clamp onto it. You need a shim to make the seatpost wider so the seatclamp will clamp it to stop it moving.

For this, You will need a 25.4-27.2 shim. They will be about 4 or 5 pound.

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 3:01 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
Okay. A BMX Pivotal post is 25.4. This means the tube is to thin and you won't be able to clamp onto it. You need a shim to make the seatpost wider so the seatclamp will clamp it to stop it moving.

So they dont make 27.2 pivitol posts?

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
Hmm, Im having second thoughts about the new seat+post, its a pure light weight upgrade that I will end up spending 50 pounds for overall (seat post around 20, same as seat, (without delivery) and the only shim i found that fitted cost 5 pounds plus tax and shipping = 10), i think if im going to spend 50 pounds on something on my bike this soon it should be a worthwhile upgrade that will improve my bike =/, heck, i could get a new ns rollder mkI wheel for that, with five pounds more i could get an atomlab. Ill think about it.
EDIT: so, I think im gonna make this bike an almost "dont replace it (parts) till you break it" kinda thing, only thing i plan on getting is tyres. Im gonna use the money to upgrade my MTB which seriously needs the help.

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 12:55 Quote
I ws thinking nearly the same, for £50 I could get a new set of tyres so that Is what I will do, although I need to save up more moey first for a new camera Smile

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 2:07 Quote
Liam-rooney wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:

So they dont make 27.2 pivitol posts?

They do.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023772
Mobile Version of Website